For those long hikes when you gotta go...

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25, 2005
    • Barry Watson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25, 2005
        Message
        Too funny.  I especially liked the picture with the bear...  lol...    I'll have to show my wife who often has to go while we are bushwhacking to the next cache....

        Doc Geo
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2005
          I enjoyed reading about this, since I HATE squatting in the woods but have a peanut for a bladder. Totally by coincidence, today I read this article called "When you gotta go ...", which also mentioned a reusable product called the "Lady J". I almost LOL when she also mentioned using an ammo can!!

          On a more serious note, she talked about the critters you might encounter in little-used remote privies:
          "(Special note for men only: spiders like to make their homes in the dark corners of privies, and in warm climates the resident fauna may include the notorious black widow. During the years leading up to the dust-bowl days, nearly half of all reported black-widow bites were, in the staid words of Medicine for Mountaineering, 'inflicted on the male genitalia by spiders on the underside of outdoor toilet seats.' Don't say I didn't warn you.)"

           ... if you ignore her warning, DON'T SHOW US your necrotic tissue and/or scars!! ;-D

          Candy Lind    candylind@...
          I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
          Geocaching worldwide:
          http://www.geocaching.com     in Texas:  http://www.txga.net
          in the Austin area:

          wrote:

          face=Arial size=2>http://www.goyourway.net/index.html

          > Papa Bill
        • Lowracer
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
            Gee Thanks Candy. It's not bad enough that because of you I have to
            check for squirrels lurking in the commode at 3AM, now I gotta look
            for black widow spiders too. Thanks a lot... ;-)

          • alan@alancurry.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
              Quoting Lowracer:

              > Gee Thanks Candy. It's not bad enough that because of you I have to
              > check for squirrels lurking in the commode at 3AM, now I gotta look
              > for black widow spiders too. Thanks a lot... ;-)
              >
              >> spiders like to make their homes in the dark corners of privies

              I have names for all the spiders in my house. We even have a symbiotic
              relationship..... they don't bite me; I don't smash them with a shoe. However,
              they have to fend for themselves when the vacuum cleaner is out.

              Alan