Nov cache event?

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2002
      I would be happy to help you coordinate a cache event. McKinney Falls
      is closest, but IMHO Bastrop SP and Pedernales Falls SP, though a bit
      of a drive east or west from Austin, are better for camping. Oh, Inks
      Lake SP (NW) also is very good. Pedernales currently has 4 caches in
      the park, one a VERY long hike, one short, and two I would call "park
      and grab". There are two or three in the Dripping Springs area on the
      way to Austin, and south Austin (you come in from south on 290) is
      home to the Barton Creek greenbelt, which is GREAT hiking and RIFE
      with caches from top to bottom, some easy some hard.

      The CenTX Geocachers can probably answer any questions you have
      about "quality vs. quantity", difficulty, terrain issues, etc. about
      Austin Area caches, so feel free to fire away! I look forward to
      meeting you (and your daughter?).

      Oh, if you want to maybe set up the event at a Pavilion in a park
      somewhere, let me know and we can scout for a location. Otherwise,
      there are plenty of places with open areas and picnic tables that
      have a latitude and longitude! <G>

      Candy aka "Moosiegirl", hitched to "YDX3075" and usually dragging
      along behind him and his bud "TreyB".