a visit from a stranger

  • Tanya Phillips
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2005
      Lowracer (Mark Gessner) is coming to visit from Kansas with his
      company. He'll be in Austin from the 15th through the 18th. He'll be
      downtown at the hampton inn (2nd and San Jacinto), and at the trade
      show in the convention center.

      Maybe we could have a little get together for tuesday or wednesday
      night,after 7PM.

      I am not very familiar with the downtown areas, so maybe we could get
      some suggestions from the group. I was thinking Guerros on S.
      Congress would have lots of room and good food. Any other suggestions?

      Mark either needs it to be in walking distance to his hotel or needs a
      ride. (both Candy and I have offered to drive him, so it shouldn't be
      an issue).

      I don't think we have enough time to get an event approved, but if we
      did i would call it something like: "You're not in Kansas any more,
      Judy" -- some of you know what i am talking about!

      I am heading to Chicago for a GeoTeaming event soon, but let me know
      what you all come up with!

      Thanks,

      Tanya
      (Gadget Girl)
    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2005
        Message
        I always think it works best when we meet somewhere that everyone can order their food individually rather than have one waitress take everyone's order.  Along that line, I'd like to suggest the new Freebird's at Congress and Riverside.  It's pretty roomy inside or they have a nice patio.
        Julie (Mrs. Captain Picard)