Colorado Caching!!!

  • dscherer1966
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 2:20 PM
      Well
      i have made it to Pagosa Springs Colorado and have already got 4
      caches. I think I will get a few more. I think I will have to go
      Calrsbad Caverns on wzy back to Austin. Anyone done any caching in
      south New Mexico?
      Any caches I ahve to hit?
      Dan
      TxBigfoot
    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2 2:34 PM
        Message
        I just got back from there!  It's fun to do the virtual down inside Carlsbad Caverns!  Don't miss it.  I can't say there was that much exciting about that area of New Mexico, but you'll be coming through Pecos and there's a great "Law West of the Pecos" Museum and Judge Roy Bean's law office that might be fun for the boys (right next to a cache called, Duh, "Law West of the Pecos".

        There's a cache about 3 miles east of the TX/NMX state line that you have to go down a oil field road, but they've tried to place it at the southernmost point in New Mexico and you get to tell them whether you think the cache is in Texas or NM.  Kind of fun.  Plus there's a cache right there at the border crossing.

        The stretch of highway along that side of the state is INCREDIBLY NONDESCRIPT and there is VERY LITTLE opportunity to get gas.  Be sure you get gas at the intersection with IH40 because you won't get another chance until you get to Roswell.  There are a few caches right on the road to keep the boys occupied.  Outside Vaughn, there is a cache called "Middle of Nowhere" and ITS TRUE!!!!!  I'll bet you'll be signing right under my name if you get out there.  I wrote a really cute log for it.

         Are you camping?  I camped at a former KOA on the road out of Carlsbad going toward the caverns.  Wireless internet, pool, playground for only $16 a night!

        In Sonora, Texas if you're coming in on IH10, there are two caches in a neat little park with cool hiking trails that the boys will like.  Search on Eaton Hill and you should get both of them.

        Have fun!