RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Dan, Kim and Ryan need help!

  • Daniel McGauley
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2002
      Thanks for all the emails and support guys. I lost my battle with
      Jeremy, the 'owner' of geocaching.com, so that's it for me as far as
      charter memberships go. I'm not going to support them one dollar more,
      and if this sport eventually dies, it's their fault.

      For now, I just took advantage of their crappy database design and
      copied over my Texas Movie Cache #3 (the Top Notch Burger cache that was
      kinda hard anyway since there were tons of movies shot there) with the
      new Movie Exchange cache.

      I had a giant multi-Halloween cache set for release with a bunch of
      surprises, but that's it for me. I'm not hiding any more. I've wasted
      far too much of my time fighting with those bastards that I'm done
      hiding these. I still can't believe how many fights I've had over
      something so simple and silly. Oh well.

      -Dan

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 27, 2002
        So, anyone up for telling Jeremy and his stupid buddies to take a leap!
        This stupid b****** needs his head examined. Anyone that has paid for a
        charter membership should email Jeremy and let him know how we feel. I'm
        100% in support of Dan on this one and will be sending my complaint off
        shortly.

        Regards
        David Gahagan aka FireCacher

        > Thanks for all the emails and support guys. I lost my battle with
        > Jeremy, the 'owner' of geocaching.com, so that's it for me as far as
        > charter memberships go. I'm not going to support them one dollar more,
        > and if this sport eventually dies, it's their fault.
        >
        > For now, I just took advantage of their crappy database design and
        > copied over my Texas Movie Cache #3 (the Top Notch Burger cache that was
        > kinda hard anyway since there were tons of movies shot there) with the
        > new Movie Exchange cache.
        >
        > I had a giant multi-Halloween cache set for release with a bunch of
        > surprises, but that's it for me. I'm not hiding any more. I've wasted
        > far too much of my time fighting with those bastards that I'm done
        > hiding these. I still can't believe how many fights I've had over
        > something so simple and silly. Oh well.
        >
        > -Dan

      • geo_texas_gal
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 28, 2002
          Oh, man, Dan! Please don't let their crappy behavior spoil the sport
          for you! This is OUR sport, not theirs - they just run a website. I
          have always enjoyed the caches you've placed (Britannia Manor is
          still one of my favorites), and I personally would hate to lose your
          contributions to the caching community here in Austin.

          Plus, your Halloweed multicache sounds like so much fun...

          Anything I can do to persuade you to come back? I'd be happy to post
          your caches under my name (and then switch to yours), to send emails
          on your behalf, whatever.

          They can't push around us Austinites!

          Melissa
          aka Texas-Gal