Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Dan, Kim and Ryan need help!

  • Roger Banks
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2002
      My own passive/agressive approach would be to post it
      with bogus coords and then change them as soon as it's
      approved. The approvers don't know anything about the
      caching scene here in Austin. They wouldn't know a
      good cache site from a bad one around here. We know if
      you post a cache it will be worth going after. There
      is not a whole lot we can do to educate the approvers
      about these types of things either.

      -- Roger

      --- danmcgauley <hawkeye@...> wrote:
      > Can anyone out there in our group help me out with
      > the geocaching
      > admin people? I've posted several new caches
      > lately, and they all
      > keep getting rejected. My latest one, the movie
      > cache replacement,
      > got denied today. Here's the message from
      > "erik88l-r":
      >
      > "I'm sorry folks, but we can't post a cache that is
      > so close to an
      > existing cache that a person looking for one would
      > find the other.
      > I would estimate that your Movie Cache is 50 or 75
      > feet from this
      > one

      > geocaching.com admin"
      >
      > I swear, I'm getting sick and tired of this sport
      > everytime I have
      > to deal with these people. Can anyone help? The
      > new cache isn't
      > THAT close to the other one, and I don't understand
      > why it matters.
      >
      > -Daniel

      =====
      Uncle Rojelio
      Austin, TX

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Daniel McGauley
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 26, 2002
        Thanks for all the emails and support guys. I lost my battle with
        Jeremy, the 'owner' of geocaching.com, so that's it for me as far as
        charter memberships go. I'm not going to support them one dollar more,
        and if this sport eventually dies, it's their fault.

        For now, I just took advantage of their crappy database design and
        copied over my Texas Movie Cache #3 (the Top Notch Burger cache that was
        kinda hard anyway since there were tons of movies shot there) with the
        new Movie Exchange cache.

        I had a giant multi-Halloween cache set for release with a bunch of
        surprises, but that's it for me. I'm not hiding any more. I've wasted
        far too much of my time fighting with those bastards that I'm done
        hiding these. I still can't believe how many fights I've had over
        something so simple and silly. Oh well.

        -Dan

        --- danmcgauley <hawkeye@...> wrote:
        > Can anyone out there in our group help me out with
        > the geocaching
        > admin people? I've posted several new caches
        > lately, and they all
        > keep getting rejected. My latest one, the movie
        > cache replacement,
        > got denied today. Here's the message from
        > "erik88l-r":
        >
        > "I'm sorry folks, but we can't post a cache that is
        > so close to an
        > existing cache that a person looking for one would
        > find the other.
        > I would estimate that your Movie Cache is 50 or 75
        > feet from this
        > one

        > geocaching.com admin"
        >
        > I swear, I'm getting sick and tired of this sport
        > everytime I have
        > to deal with these people. Can anyone help? The
        > new cache isn't
        > THAT close to the other one, and I don't understand
        > why it matters.
        >
        > -Daniel

        =====
        Uncle Rojelio
        Austin, TX

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • David Gahagan
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2002
          So, anyone up for telling Jeremy and his stupid buddies to take a leap!
          This stupid b****** needs his head examined. Anyone that has paid for a
          charter membership should email Jeremy and let him know how we feel. I'm
          100% in support of Dan on this one and will be sending my complaint off
          shortly.

          Regards
          David Gahagan aka FireCacher

          > Thanks for all the emails and support guys. I lost my battle with
          > Jeremy, the 'owner' of geocaching.com, so that's it for me as far as
          > charter memberships go. I'm not going to support them one dollar more,
          > and if this sport eventually dies, it's their fault.
          >
          > For now, I just took advantage of their crappy database design and
          > copied over my Texas Movie Cache #3 (the Top Notch Burger cache that was
          > kinda hard anyway since there were tons of movies shot there) with the
          > new Movie Exchange cache.
          >
          > I had a giant multi-Halloween cache set for release with a bunch of
          > surprises, but that's it for me. I'm not hiding any more. I've wasted
          > far too much of my time fighting with those bastards that I'm done
          > hiding these. I still can't believe how many fights I've had over
          > something so simple and silly. Oh well.
          >
          > -Dan

        • geo_texas_gal
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 28, 2002
            Oh, man, Dan! Please don't let their crappy behavior spoil the sport
            for you! This is OUR sport, not theirs - they just run a website. I
            have always enjoyed the caches you've placed (Britannia Manor is
            still one of my favorites), and I personally would hate to lose your
            contributions to the caching community here in Austin.

            Plus, your Halloweed multicache sounds like so much fun...

            Anything I can do to persuade you to come back? I'd be happy to post
            your caches under my name (and then switch to yours), to send emails
            on your behalf, whatever.

            They can't push around us Austinites!

            Melissa
            aka Texas-Gal