Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: obligatory July 4th topic

  • Christopher Holland
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      Could be worse Mike, you could be French.

      (Since we've apparently forgotten the phrase "Lafayette, we are here.")

      On 7/1/05, Mike <lignumaqua@...> wrote:
      > July 4th is a sensitive topic when you are a Brit living in the USA.
      >
      > Probably not a good idea for me to hang the Union Jack outside the
      > front door... (how to win friends and influence people - NOT!)
      >
      > So - I'll be closing the drapes and hiding! <grin>
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Holland
      > <stomptokyo@g...> wrote:
      > > So what's up with everyone for the 4th?
      > >
      > > This is our first July 4th in Austin. They don't allow us to have a
      > > grill here at the apartment complex gulag, and we don't have any other
      > > plans, so I'd be interested in hearing what's considered fun (and what
      > > might be good to avoid) on Independence Day.
      > >
      > > Thx,
      > >
      > > Chris
      > >

      > > --
      > > http://www.stomptokyo.com/

      http://www.stomptokyo.com/
    • Barry Watson
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        Message
        naahhh...  we love the brits!  That nasty little revolutionary war thing is water under the bridge....  we love ya guys...
        and with a last name of Watson, I feel like England is my ancestral home. (Even though I've been told my Watsons
        came from Scotland...  lol....)

        Barry

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2005
          Just do what British friends of mine do and celebrate "Colonial Appreciation Day" . . .