Re: obligatory July 4th topic

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      July 4th is a sensitive topic when you are a Brit living in the USA.

      Probably not a good idea for me to hang the Union Jack outside the
      front door... (how to win friends and influence people - NOT!)

      So - I'll be closing the drapes and hiding! <grin>

      Mike

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Holland
      <stomptokyo@g...> wrote:
      > So what's up with everyone for the 4th?
      >
      > This is our first July 4th in Austin. They don't allow us to have a
      > grill here at the apartment complex gulag, and we don't have any other
      > plans, so I'd be interested in hearing what's considered fun (and what
      > might be good to avoid) on Independence Day.
      >
      > Thx,
      >
      > Chris
      >

      > --
      > http://www.stomptokyo.com/
    • Christopher Holland
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        Could be worse Mike, you could be French.

        (Since we've apparently forgotten the phrase "Lafayette, we are here.")

        On 7/1/05, Mike <lignumaqua@...> wrote:
        > July 4th is a sensitive topic when you are a Brit living in the USA.
        >
        > Probably not a good idea for me to hang the Union Jack outside the
        > front door... (how to win friends and influence people - NOT!)
        >
        > So - I'll be closing the drapes and hiding! <grin>
        >
        > Mike
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Holland
        > <stomptokyo@g...> wrote:
        > > So what's up with everyone for the 4th?
        > >
        > > This is our first July 4th in Austin. They don't allow us to have a
        > > grill here at the apartment complex gulag, and we don't have any other
        > > plans, so I'd be interested in hearing what's considered fun (and what
        > > might be good to avoid) on Independence Day.
        > >
        > > Thx,
        > >
        > > Chris
        > >

        > > --
        > > http://www.stomptokyo.com/

        http://www.stomptokyo.com/
      • Barry Watson
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
          Message
          naahhh...  we love the brits!  That nasty little revolutionary war thing is water under the bridge....  we love ya guys...
          and with a last name of Watson, I feel like England is my ancestral home. (Even though I've been told my Watsons
          came from Scotland...  lol....)

          Barry

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2005
            Just do what British friends of mine do and celebrate "Colonial Appreciation Day" . . .