RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] obligatory July 4th topic

  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      Message
      I'm not going to be there, but my Travis Heights neighborhood does a fabulous "home town" parade thing culminating in a FREE picnic (you don't have to bring anything) and entertainment afterward in Little Stacy Park (where I had my 2000 event).  It's really a friendly event, and you're welcome to come on down from South Canada to participate.  Check the news papers for times and details.  Its called the 787-oh-4th.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        July 4th is a sensitive topic when you are a Brit living in the USA.

        Probably not a good idea for me to hang the Union Jack outside the
        front door... (how to win friends and influence people - NOT!)

        So - I'll be closing the drapes and hiding! <grin>

        Mike

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Holland
        <stomptokyo@g...> wrote:
        > So what's up with everyone for the 4th?
        >
        > This is our first July 4th in Austin. They don't allow us to have a
        > grill here at the apartment complex gulag, and we don't have any other
        > plans, so I'd be interested in hearing what's considered fun (and what
        > might be good to avoid) on Independence Day.
        >
        > Thx,
        >
        > Chris
        >

        > --
        > http://www.stomptokyo.com/
      • Christopher Holland
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
          Could be worse Mike, you could be French.

          (Since we've apparently forgotten the phrase "Lafayette, we are here.")

          On 7/1/05, Mike <lignumaqua@...> wrote:
          > July 4th is a sensitive topic when you are a Brit living in the USA.
          >
          > Probably not a good idea for me to hang the Union Jack outside the
          > front door... (how to win friends and influence people - NOT!)
          >
          > So - I'll be closing the drapes and hiding! <grin>
          >
          > Mike
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Holland
          > <stomptokyo@g...> wrote:
          > > So what's up with everyone for the 4th?
          > >
          > > This is our first July 4th in Austin. They don't allow us to have a
          > > grill here at the apartment complex gulag, and we don't have any other
          > > plans, so I'd be interested in hearing what's considered fun (and what
          > > might be good to avoid) on Independence Day.
          > >
          > > Thx,
          > >
          > > Chris
          > >

          > > --
          > > http://www.stomptokyo.com/

          http://www.stomptokyo.com/
        • Barry Watson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
            Message
            naahhh...  we love the brits!  That nasty little revolutionary war thing is water under the bridge....  we love ya guys...
            and with a last name of Watson, I feel like England is my ancestral home. (Even though I've been told my Watsons
            came from Scotland...  lol....)

            Barry

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2005
              Just do what British friends of mine do and celebrate "Colonial Appreciation Day" . . .