Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] obligatory July 4th topic

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      <SHAMELESS PLUG WARNING!!!!>

      Well, in the Brushy Creek area, you could come the Boy Scout Troop 165's Pancake Breakfast.  It is being held this year at the NEW firestation (Sam Bass #2), next to the Brushy Creek Recreation Center on Great Oaks, just off of 620.

      Otherwise, the Journeying Jernigans will probably just mosey down the block to the cauldesac (sp?) and watch and light fireworks with the neighbors as soon as it gets dark.

      Russ AKA Waterweasel

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        Message
        I'm not going to be there, but my Travis Heights neighborhood does a fabulous "home town" parade thing culminating in a FREE picnic (you don't have to bring anything) and entertainment afterward in Little Stacy Park (where I had my 2000 event).  It's really a friendly event, and you're welcome to come on down from South Canada to participate.  Check the news papers for times and details.  Its called the 787-oh-4th.

        --
        http://www.stomptokyo.com/
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
          July 4th is a sensitive topic when you are a Brit living in the USA.

          Probably not a good idea for me to hang the Union Jack outside the
          front door... (how to win friends and influence people - NOT!)

          So - I'll be closing the drapes and hiding! <grin>

          Mike

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Holland
          <stomptokyo@g...> wrote:
          > So what's up with everyone for the 4th?
          >
          > This is our first July 4th in Austin. They don't allow us to have a
          > grill here at the apartment complex gulag, and we don't have any other
          > plans, so I'd be interested in hearing what's considered fun (and what
          > might be good to avoid) on Independence Day.
          >
          > Thx,
          >
          > Chris
          >

          > --
          > http://www.stomptokyo.com/
        • Christopher Holland
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
            Could be worse Mike, you could be French.

            (Since we've apparently forgotten the phrase "Lafayette, we are here.")

            On 7/1/05, Mike <lignumaqua@...> wrote:
            > July 4th is a sensitive topic when you are a Brit living in the USA.
            >
            > Probably not a good idea for me to hang the Union Jack outside the
            > front door... (how to win friends and influence people - NOT!)
            >
            > So - I'll be closing the drapes and hiding! <grin>
            >
            > Mike
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Holland
            > <stomptokyo@g...> wrote:
            > > So what's up with everyone for the 4th?
            > >
            > > This is our first July 4th in Austin. They don't allow us to have a
            > > grill here at the apartment complex gulag, and we don't have any other
            > > plans, so I'd be interested in hearing what's considered fun (and what
            > > might be good to avoid) on Independence Day.
            > >
            > > Thx,
            > >
            > > Chris
            > >

            > > --
            > > http://www.stomptokyo.com/

            http://www.stomptokyo.com/
          • Barry Watson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
              Message
              naahhh...  we love the brits!  That nasty little revolutionary war thing is water under the bridge....  we love ya guys...
              and with a last name of Watson, I feel like England is my ancestral home. (Even though I've been told my Watsons
              came from Scotland...  lol....)

              Barry

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2005
                Just do what British friends of mine do and celebrate "Colonial Appreciation Day" . . .