RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Caches south of DFW

  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1 1:04 PM
      Message
      That's probably a little TOO far south of DWF for them, but you never know!

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1 1:25 PM
        Message
        Oooppss....  didn't look at the subject line...  lol....

        That's probably a little TOO far south of DWF for them, but you never know!

        Barton Creek Greenbelt.   Lots of shade.  Lots of caches...

        Later this month I'll be staying at the Marriott hotel just south of
        DFW (76155) for a conference. We have a free morning and it looks like
        I'll be taking out a party of people new to caching for their first
        outing. I did the same in January and we cached the 'Tiger's Trail'
        series. Great fun when the weather was in the 50s and 60s.

        However - it's now July and 100 degree Texas heat and these folks are
        mostly from the NE and Canada...

        Any recommendations for caches in that area that are fun to do and
        don't require long hikes in the sun? Any suggestions gratefully
        appreciated.

        Central texasCity parksOutdoors
        Alaska outdoorsGreat outdoorsGreat outdoors gas grill
      • Perrine Julie-ra5686
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1 1:28 PM
          Message
          Or the rest of the email, evidently!  But its FRIDAY, so WHO CARES!!!!!!!

[...]

        • Christopher Holland
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1 1:36 PM
            I would just like to add: bubblegum triple-horned moxie crimefighter.

            --
            http://www.stomptokyo.com/
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1 2:25 PM
              LOL!

              Yes - Barton Creek is a little bit far South from DFW...

              Thanks for the suggestions Julie - I'll check those out.

              Mike

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Holland