RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Caches south of DFW

  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1 11:21 AM
      Message
      Do Smack the Ground (GC15B4).  Its the virtual at the airport observation area.  It's a neat place!  There's another one very near there by GeoVamp that has a cool container GCGP7R
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1 1:02 PM
        Barton Creek Greenbelt.   Lots of shade.  Lots of caches...

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1 1:04 PM
          Message
          That's probably a little TOO far south of DWF for them, but you never know!

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1 1:25 PM
            Message
            Oooppss....  didn't look at the subject line...  lol....

            That's probably a little TOO far south of DWF for them, but you never know!

            Barton Creek Greenbelt.   Lots of shade.  Lots of caches...

            Later this month I'll be staying at the Marriott hotel just south of
            DFW (76155) for a conference. We have a free morning and it looks like
            I'll be taking out a party of people new to caching for their first
            outing. I did the same in January and we cached the 'Tiger's Trail'
            series. Great fun when the weather was in the 50s and 60s.

            However - it's now July and 100 degree Texas heat and these folks are
            mostly from the NE and Canada...

            Any recommendations for caches in that area that are fun to do and
            don't require long hikes in the sun? Any suggestions gratefully
            appreciated.

            Central texasCity parksOutdoors
            Alaska outdoorsGreat outdoorsGreat outdoors gas grill
          • Perrine Julie-ra5686
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1 1:28 PM
              Message
              Or the rest of the email, evidently!  But its FRIDAY, so WHO CARES!!!!!!!

[...]

            • Christopher Holland
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1 1:36 PM
                I would just like to add: bubblegum triple-horned moxie crimefighter.

                --
                http://www.stomptokyo.com/
              • Mike
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1 2:25 PM
                  LOL!

                  Yes - Barton Creek is a little bit far South from DFW...

                  Thanks for the suggestions Julie - I'll check those out.

                  Mike

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Holland