Caches south of DFW

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      Later this month I'll be staying at the Marriott hotel just south of
      DFW (76155) for a conference. We have a free morning and it looks like
      I'll be taking out a party of people new to caching for their first
      outing. I did the same in January and we cached the 'Tiger's Trail'
      series. Great fun when the weather was in the 50s and 60s.

      However - it's now July and 100 degree Texas heat and these folks are
      mostly from the NE and Canada...

      Any recommendations for caches in that area that are fun to do and
      don't require long hikes in the sun? Any suggestions gratefully
      appreciated.

      Mike
    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        Message
        Do Smack the Ground (GC15B4).  Its the virtual at the airport observation area.  It's a neat place!  There's another one very near there by GeoVamp that has a cool container GCGP7R

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
          Barton Creek Greenbelt.   Lots of shade.  Lots of caches...

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
            Message
            That's probably a little TOO far south of DWF for them, but you never know!

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
              Message
              Oooppss....  didn't look at the subject line...  lol....

              That's probably a little TOO far south of DWF for them, but you never know!

              Barton Creek Greenbelt.   Lots of shade.  Lots of caches...

              Later this month I'll be staying at the Marriott hotel just south of
              DFW (76155) for a conference. We have a free morning and it looks like
              I'll be taking out a party of people new to caching for their first
              outing. I did the same in January and we cached the 'Tiger's Trail'
              series. Great fun when the weather was in the 50s and 60s.

              However - it's now July and 100 degree Texas heat and these folks are
              mostly from the NE and Canada...

              Any recommendations for caches in that area that are fun to do and
              don't require long hikes in the sun? Any suggestions gratefully
              appreciated.

              Central texasCity parksOutdoors
              Alaska outdoorsGreat outdoorsGreat outdoors gas grill
            • Perrine Julie-ra5686
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                Message
                Or the rest of the email, evidently!  But its FRIDAY, so WHO CARES!!!!!!!

[...]

              • Christopher Holland
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                  I would just like to add: bubblegum triple-horned moxie crimefighter.

                  --
                  http://www.stomptokyo.com/
                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                    LOL!

                    Yes - Barton Creek is a little bit far South from DFW...

                    Thanks for the suggestions Julie - I'll check those out.

                    Mike

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Holland