Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Freq. of emails regarding new caches in my area.

  • Nick Silkey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2005
      Pocket Queries are a feature available to premium members. All sorts
      of filtering mechanisms (distance, type, size, difficulty, date
      hidden, etc) can be put alongside a query to return caches that fit
      the search. Much more descript than a simple From Home Coordinates or
      Zip Code search. The plus side is the PQ can email you a gpx or loc
      file containing all the data returned from the query. Makes loading
      many hundreds of caches into GSAK and your GPS a matter of seconds
      over hours of work. There is plenty of documentation on
      geocaching.com on how to work them. PQs alone make the $30/year worth
      it. :)

      I am not sure if Cache Notifications in your area is a feature of all
      members or not. I was a paid Premium Member maybe a week after first
      registering. :)

      So yeah, I have a PQ for new caches in my area which I can check as
      often as I want as opposed to the weekly e-mail.

      Hope this helps ...