Re: WHEW!!!!

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2005
      This is just round the corner from us and I just drove by. I don't
      believe there is any public land close to this street suitable for
      hiding a cache. Also the news report said it was on the front porch of
      a house - so, assuming the news is correct, hopefully that means it
      isn't a cache. In the aerial footage it looks like a padded envelope.

      KXAN report at:-
      http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=3541641&nav=0s3dbdkt

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Nick Silkey
      <nsilkey@g...> wrote:
      > Perhaps its a new hide and hasnt been approved? Too close to an
      > elementary school or a railroad track? ;)
      >
      > On 6/30/05, Candy Lind <candylind@e...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just heard that APD is investigating a "suspicious package" down
      near
      > > Davis Ln and Lomita Verde, and thought, OH GOD! DID SOMEONE PUT A
      CACHE OUT
      > > DOWN THERE AND NOT MARK IT??? I looked up the coords of the area
      and THANK
      > > GOODNESS the closest cache is .4 miles away. ANOTHER BULLET
      DODGED!! LOL

      > > Candy Lind candylind@e...
      > > "Hello, my name is Candy, I go by Moosiegirl, and I am a
      GEOCACHER."
      > > I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
      > > Geocaching worldwide: http://www.geocaching.com in Texas:
      > > http://www.txga.net
      > > in the Austin area:

      > > Central texas City parks Outdoors
      > > Alaska outdoors Great outdoors Great outdoors gas grill

      Service.