Re: Turkey Creek Trail Cache Question

  • Lowracer
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2 12:21 PM
      Sure, no problem. Glad to help. What were the coordinates?
      ;-)

      BTW don't the Cub Scouts have the motto "be prepared" like the Boy Scouts?

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lists <lists@a...> wrote:
      > I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to
      bring my
      > GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being
      unprepared, the
      > boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
      > works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
      > cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the
      cache
      > that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the
      title. I
      > can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this
      cache? Did
      > we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it --
      this
      > was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can
      see
      > the find.
      >
      > Any info would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Cindy
    • Lists
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 2 12:55 PM
        Nope, not there either. The more I think about it, it was XXXX Road #1 or
        Road XXXXX # 1 (I think -- of course, I could be way off base). I could
        describe where we found it, but I'd rather do that offline, so I don't give
        anything away. Let me know if if sounds familiar enough to you and you're
        willing to read my description.

        Thanks!

        Cindy

        At 02:17 PM 6/2/2005, you wrote:
        >On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
        > >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
        > >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
        > >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.
        >
        >Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?
        >
        >Nedry
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Christopher Holland
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 2 3:01 PM
          Actually, the Cub Scout Motto is "do your best."

          --
          http://www.stomptokyo.com/
        • maliabarth
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 5 6:54 AM
            I think the one that you found was GCC163, now called NGTA
            Leftovers. The original cache was called NGTA Road Trip #1, and was
            held in Emma Long Park. It probably contains the original logbook
            from the first cache, which was then archived and relocated to be
            the cache above.

            http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7dc02ab2-622c-
            4ce7-9264-c23012076c45

            Hopefully this link will help you, if not, you have the waypoint
            that you can plug in at GC.

            Have fun!

            Malia