Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Turkey Creek Trail Cache Question

  • Nedry
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
      On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
      >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
      >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
      >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.

      Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?

      Nedry
    • Lowracer
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
        Sure, no problem. Glad to help. What were the coordinates?
        ;-)

        BTW don't the Cub Scouts have the motto "be prepared" like the Boy Scouts?

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lists <lists@a...> wrote:
        > I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to
        bring my
        > GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being
        unprepared, the
        > boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
        > works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
        > cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the
        cache
        > that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the
        title. I
        > can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this
        cache? Did
        > we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it --
        this
        > was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can
        see
        > the find.
        >
        > Any info would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Cindy
      • Lists
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
          Nope, not there either. The more I think about it, it was XXXX Road #1 or
          Road XXXXX # 1 (I think -- of course, I could be way off base). I could
          describe where we found it, but I'd rather do that offline, so I don't give
          anything away. Let me know if if sounds familiar enough to you and you're
          willing to read my description.

          Thanks!

          Cindy

          At 02:17 PM 6/2/2005, you wrote:
          >On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
          > >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
          > >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
          > >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.
          >
          >Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?
          >
          >Nedry
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Christopher Holland
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
            Actually, the Cub Scout Motto is "do your best."

            --
            http://www.stomptokyo.com/
          • maliabarth
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 5, 2005
              I think the one that you found was GCC163, now called NGTA
              Leftovers. The original cache was called NGTA Road Trip #1, and was
              held in Emma Long Park. It probably contains the original logbook
              from the first cache, which was then archived and relocated to be
              the cache above.

              http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7dc02ab2-622c-
              4ce7-9264-c23012076c45

              Hopefully this link will help you, if not, you have the waypoint
              that you can plug in at GC.

              Have fun!

              Malia