RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] whose FTF will reign supreme?

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
      [Karen] I knew it had to e "obvious"  it was too large not to be!! I just ran out of time and patience.

       On 6/2/05, Rich and Di <dirich@...> wrote:

      > Yeah, but I see you do too
      now!  Congrats!  Chris, I'll send you what I got
      > later this
      morning.

      > Which leads to a question re
      averaging.  (you'd think a statistician would
      > understand
      averaging)  If I set my GPSr on a log while I log, and three

      minutes later take a waypoint, is that WAAS averaging?  Cause that's what I
      > did.
      >
      > I will say this about the
      final location.  It's in the most obvious place,
      > given the
      redirector; ie, in the cedar.

      CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
        I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to bring my
        GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being unprepared, the
        boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
        works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
        cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
        that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
        can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this cache? Did
        we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it -- this
        was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can see
        the find.

        Any info would be greatly appreciated.

        Cindy
      • Perrine Julie-ra5686
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
          Are you sure it wasn't Uncle "Ro"jelio? That's the only thing I can think of that's close. That's not exactly on the trail.....

          I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to bring my
          GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being unprepared, the
          boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
          works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
          cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
          that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
          can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this cache? Did
          we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it -- this
          was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can see
          the find.

          Any info would be greatly appreciated.

          Cindy

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Nedry
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
            On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
            >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
            >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
            >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.

            Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?

            Nedry
          • Lowracer
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
              Sure, no problem. Glad to help. What were the coordinates?
              ;-)

              BTW don't the Cub Scouts have the motto "be prepared" like the Boy Scouts?

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lists <lists@a...> wrote:
              > I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to
              bring my
              > GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being
              unprepared, the
              > boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
              > works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
              > cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the
              cache
              > that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the
              title. I
              > can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this
              cache? Did
              > we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it --
              this
              > was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can
              see
              > the find.
              >
              > Any info would be greatly appreciated.
              >
              > Cindy
            • Lists
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                Nope, not there either. The more I think about it, it was XXXX Road #1 or
                Road XXXXX # 1 (I think -- of course, I could be way off base). I could
                describe where we found it, but I'd rather do that offline, so I don't give
                anything away. Let me know if if sounds familiar enough to you and you're
                willing to read my description.

                Thanks!

                Cindy

                At 02:17 PM 6/2/2005, you wrote:
                >On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
                > >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
                > >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
                > >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.
                >
                >Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?
                >
                >Nedry
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Christopher Holland
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                  Actually, the Cub Scout Motto is "do your best."

                  --
                  http://www.stomptokyo.com/
                • maliabarth
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 5, 2005
                    I think the one that you found was GCC163, now called NGTA
                    Leftovers. The original cache was called NGTA Road Trip #1, and was
                    held in Emma Long Park. It probably contains the original logbook
                    from the first cache, which was then archived and relocated to be
                    the cache above.

                    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7dc02ab2-622c-
                    4ce7-9264-c23012076c45

                    Hopefully this link will help you, if not, you have the waypoint
                    that you can plug in at GC.

                    Have fun!

                    Malia