RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] whose FTF will reign supreme?

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
      Gotta love the Geo Hotline.  Unfortunately I've lost ALL phone numbers from my Cell........!
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
        [Karen] I knew it had to e "obvious"  it was too large not to be!! I just ran out of time and patience.

         On 6/2/05, Rich and Di <dirich@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, but I see you do too
        now!  Congrats!  Chris, I'll send you what I got
        > later this
        morning.

        > Which leads to a question re
        averaging.  (you'd think a statistician would
        > understand
        averaging)  If I set my GPSr on a log while I log, and three

        minutes later take a waypoint, is that WAAS averaging?  Cause that's what I
        > did.
        >
        > I will say this about the
        final location.  It's in the most obvious place,
        > given the
        redirector; ie, in the cedar.

        > --Di

        Message:
        > -----------------
        > From: Karen
        karenj@...
        > Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:50:36 -0500
        > To:
        CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: RE:
        [CentralTexasGeocachers] whose FTF will reign supreme?

        3.52 mi  I'm on it!
        Message-----

        href="http://tinyurl.com/aj7kw">http://tinyurl.com/aj7kw
        href="http://www.stomptokyo.com/">http://www.stomptokyo.com/
        >   >
        >   >
        >   >
        >   >
        Yahoo! Groups Links
        >   >
        >   >
        >   >
        >   >
        >   >
        >   >
        >   >

        email to:

        >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
        Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        http://www.stomptokyo.com/
      • Lists
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
          I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to bring my
          GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being unprepared, the
          boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
          works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
          cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
          that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
          can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this cache? Did
          we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it -- this
          was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can see
          the find.

          Any info would be greatly appreciated.

          Cindy
        • Perrine Julie-ra5686
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
            Are you sure it wasn't Uncle "Ro"jelio? That's the only thing I can think of that's close. That's not exactly on the trail.....

            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
              On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
              >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
              >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
              >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.

              Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?

              Nedry
            • Lowracer
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                Sure, no problem. Glad to help. What were the coordinates?
                ;-)

                BTW don't the Cub Scouts have the motto "be prepared" like the Boy Scouts?

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lists <lists@a...> wrote:
                > I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to
                bring my
                > GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being
                unprepared, the
                > boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
                > works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
                > cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the
                cache
                > that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the
                title. I
                > can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this
                cache? Did
                > we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it --
                this
                > was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can
                see
                > the find.
                >
                > Any info would be greatly appreciated.
                >
                > Cindy
              • Lists
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                  Nope, not there either. The more I think about it, it was XXXX Road #1 or
                  Road XXXXX # 1 (I think -- of course, I could be way off base). I could
                  describe where we found it, but I'd rather do that offline, so I don't give
                  anything away. Let me know if if sounds familiar enough to you and you're
                  willing to read my description.

                  Thanks!

                  Cindy

                  At 02:17 PM 6/2/2005, you wrote:
                  >On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
                  > >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
                  > >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
                  > >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.
                  >
                  >Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?
                  >
                  >Nedry
                  >

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Christopher Holland
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                    Actually, the Cub Scout Motto is "do your best."

                    --
                    http://www.stomptokyo.com/
                  • maliabarth
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 5, 2005
                      I think the one that you found was GCC163, now called NGTA
                      Leftovers. The original cache was called NGTA Road Trip #1, and was
                      held in Emma Long Park. It probably contains the original logbook
                      from the first cache, which was then archived and relocated to be
                      the cache above.

                      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7dc02ab2-622c-
                      4ce7-9264-c23012076c45

                      Hopefully this link will help you, if not, you have the waypoint
                      that you can plug in at GC.

                      Have fun!

                      Malia