Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] whose FTF will reign supreme?

  • Nick Silkey
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
      Chris,

      We did that when placing More Crystals in Garner SP. You can attest
      to how horrible those coords were, no? ;)

      Granted, we used an eTrex Yellow which was notoriously off both in
      hiding and finding. But WAAS-averaging for 2-3 mins with our 60CS
      makes for an exponential improvement in getting accurate coords.

      My $0.02. Always blame the foilage canopy. Or solar flares. ;)

    • Karen
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
        Gotta love the Geo Hotline.  Unfortunately I've lost ALL phone numbers from my Cell........!

        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
          [Karen] I knew it had to e "obvious"  it was too large not to be!! I just ran out of time and patience.

           On 6/2/05, Rich and Di <dirich@...> wrote:

          > Yeah, but I see you do too
          now!  Congrats!  Chris, I'll send you what I got
          > later this
          morning.

          > Which leads to a question re
          averaging.  (you'd think a statistician would
          > understand
          averaging)  If I set my GPSr on a log while I log, and three

          minutes later take a waypoint, is that WAAS averaging?  Cause that's what I
          > did.
          >
          > I will say this about the
          final location.  It's in the most obvious place,
          > given the
          redirector; ie, in the cedar.

          > --Di

          Message:

          Message-----

          href="http://tinyurl.com/aj7kw">http://tinyurl.com/aj7kw
          href="http://www.stomptokyo.com/">http://www.stomptokyo.com/
          >   >
          >   >
          >   >
          >   >
          Yahoo! Groups Links
          >   >
          >   >
          >   >
          >   >
          >   >
          >   >
          >   >

          email to:

          >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
          Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          http://www.stomptokyo.com/
        • Lists
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
            I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to bring my
            GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being unprepared, the
            boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
            works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
            cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
            that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
            can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this cache? Did
            we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it -- this
            was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can see
            the find.

            Any info would be greatly appreciated.

            Cindy
          • Perrine Julie-ra5686
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
              Are you sure it wasn't Uncle "Ro"jelio? That's the only thing I can think of that's close. That's not exactly on the trail.....

              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
                >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
                >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
                >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.

                Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?

                Nedry
              • Lowracer
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                  Sure, no problem. Glad to help. What were the coordinates?
                  ;-)

                  BTW don't the Cub Scouts have the motto "be prepared" like the Boy Scouts?

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lists <lists@a...> wrote:
                  > I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to
                  bring my
                  > GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being
                  unprepared, the
                  > boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
                  > works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
                  > cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the
                  cache
                  > that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the
                  title. I
                  > can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this
                  cache? Did
                  > we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it --
                  this
                  > was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can
                  see
                  > the find.
                  >
                  > Any info would be greatly appreciated.
                  >
                  > Cindy
                • Lists
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                    Nope, not there either. The more I think about it, it was XXXX Road #1 or
                    Road XXXXX # 1 (I think -- of course, I could be way off base). I could
                    describe where we found it, but I'd rather do that offline, so I don't give
                    anything away. Let me know if if sounds familiar enough to you and you're
                    willing to read my description.

                    Thanks!

                    Cindy

                    At 02:17 PM 6/2/2005, you wrote:
                    >On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
                    > >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
                    > >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
                    > >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.
                    >
                    >Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?
                    >
                    >Nedry
                    >

                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Christopher Holland
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                      Actually, the Cub Scout Motto is "do your best."

                      On 6/2/05, Lowracer <lowracer@...> wrote:

                      > BTW don't the Cub Scouts have the motto "be prepared" like the Boy Scouts?

                      --
                      http://www.stomptokyo.com/
                    • maliabarth
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 5, 2005
                        I think the one that you found was GCC163, now called NGTA
                        Leftovers. The original cache was called NGTA Road Trip #1, and was
                        held in Emma Long Park. It probably contains the original logbook
                        from the first cache, which was then archived and relocated to be
                        the cache above.

                        http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7dc02ab2-622c-
                        4ce7-9264-c23012076c45

                        Hopefully this link will help you, if not, you have the waypoint
                        that you can plug in at GC.

                        Have fun!

                        Malia