RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] whose FTF will reign supreme?

  • Perrine Julie-ra5686
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
      Message
      You actually have to have reception from the WAAS satellite.  That shows up on my Vista as a letter D in the reception bars.
      From: Karen karenj@...
      Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:50:36 -0500
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com

      3.52 mi  I'm on it!
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
        Chris,

        We did that when placing More Crystals in Garner SP. You can attest
        to how horrible those coords were, no? ;)

        Granted, we used an eTrex Yellow which was notoriously off both in
        hiding and finding. But WAAS-averaging for 2-3 mins with our 60CS
        makes for an exponential improvement in getting accurate coords.

        My $0.02. Always blame the foilage canopy. Or solar flares. ;)

      • Karen
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
          Gotta love the Geo Hotline.  Unfortunately I've lost ALL phone numbers from my Cell........!

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
            [Karen] I knew it had to e "obvious"  it was too large not to be!! I just ran out of time and patience.

             On 6/2/05, Rich and Di <dirich@...> wrote:

            > Yeah, but I see you do too
            now!  Congrats!  Chris, I'll send you what I got
            > later this
            morning.

            > Which leads to a question re
            averaging.  (you'd think a statistician would
            > understand
            averaging)  If I set my GPSr on a log while I log, and three

            minutes later take a waypoint, is that WAAS averaging?  Cause that's what I
            > did.
            >
            > I will say this about the
            final location.  It's in the most obvious place,
            > given the
            redirector; ie, in the cedar.

            > --Di

            Message:

            Message-----

            href="http://tinyurl.com/aj7kw">http://tinyurl.com/aj7kw
            href="http://www.stomptokyo.com/">http://www.stomptokyo.com/
            >   >
            >   >
            >   >
            >   >
            Yahoo! Groups Links
            >   >
            >   >
            >   >
            >   >
            >   >
            >   >
            >   >

            email to:

            >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
            Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            http://www.stomptokyo.com/
          • Lists
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
              I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to bring my
              GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being unprepared, the
              boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
              works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
              cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
              that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
              can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this cache? Did
              we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it -- this
              was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can see
              the find.

              Any info would be greatly appreciated.

              Cindy
            • Perrine Julie-ra5686
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                Are you sure it wasn't Uncle "Ro"jelio? That's the only thing I can think of that's close. That's not exactly on the trail.....

                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                  On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
                  >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
                  >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
                  >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.

                  Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?

                  Nedry
                • Lowracer
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                    Sure, no problem. Glad to help. What were the coordinates?
                    ;-)

                    BTW don't the Cub Scouts have the motto "be prepared" like the Boy Scouts?

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lists <lists@a...> wrote:
                    > I went on a hike with DS's Cub Scout Pack today. I had meant to
                    bring my
                    > GPSR but forgot it in the morning rush. In spite of being
                    unprepared, the
                    > boys still found a cache. We TNLNSL, and I explained how the game
                    > works. I had the boys rehide the cache exactly where they found it and
                    > cover it well. I didn't have anything to write down the name of the
                    cache
                    > that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the
                    title. I
                    > can't find it on gc.com anywhere. Does someone recognize this
                    cache? Did
                    > we find a redirector of another cache? (It didn't look like it --
                    this
                    > was a camo can with swag in it.) I'd love to log it so the boys can
                    see
                    > the find.
                    >
                    > Any info would be greatly appreciated.
                    >
                    > Cindy
                  • Lists
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                      Nope, not there either. The more I think about it, it was XXXX Road #1 or
                      Road XXXXX # 1 (I think -- of course, I could be way off base). I could
                      describe where we found it, but I'd rather do that offline, so I don't give
                      anything away. Let me know if if sounds familiar enough to you and you're
                      willing to read my description.

                      Thanks!

                      Cindy

                      At 02:17 PM 6/2/2005, you wrote:
                      >On 6/2/05 at 1:57 PM Lists wrote:
                      > >I didn't have anything to write down the name of the cache
                      > >that was on the logbook, but it was something with "Road" in the title. I
                      > >can't find it on gc.com anywhere.
                      >
                      >Have you searched on <http://www.terracaching.com>?
                      >
                      >Nedry
                      >

                      >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Christopher Holland
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 2, 2005
                        Actually, the Cub Scout Motto is "do your best."

                        On 6/2/05, Lowracer <lowracer@...> wrote:

                        > BTW don't the Cub Scouts have the motto "be prepared" like the Boy Scouts?

                        --
                        http://www.stomptokyo.com/
                      • maliabarth
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 5, 2005
                          I think the one that you found was GCC163, now called NGTA
                          Leftovers. The original cache was called NGTA Road Trip #1, and was
                          held in Emma Long Park. It probably contains the original logbook
                          from the first cache, which was then archived and relocated to be
                          the cache above.

                          http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7dc02ab2-622c-
                          4ce7-9264-c23012076c45

                          Hopefully this link will help you, if not, you have the waypoint
                          that you can plug in at GC.

                          Have fun!

                          Malia