Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Viva Las Vegas

  • Nick Silkey
    Message 1 of 9 , May 26, 2005
      Yep. Neglected to mention that Mozilla Firefox is a prerequisite for
      Greasemonkey. Mea culpa.

      On 5/26/05, Barry Watson <bcwatson@...> wrote:

      > I guess it's pretty much useless to me since I use IE for my browser...
      >
      > Doc Geo
    • Gary
      Message 2 of 9 , May 27, 2005
        Although I've been using Firefox for quite a while now,I'd never run
        across the GreaseMonkey scripts. Looks like a whole new aspect of
        Firefox to explore. The Google script works fine without being logged
        in as a premium member - guess gc.com will be closing that 'loophole'
        soon.

        Thanks!

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Nick Silkey
        http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.097448,-115.172939&spn=0.008261,0.010879&t=k&hl=en

        http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/

        > Enjoy.

      • Essiar
        Message 3 of 9 , May 27, 2005
          I have cached in Vegas 3 times this year. I can't say any of
          the "strip" caches are memorable BUT if you can get the wife to let
          you wander you'll be in heaven. My favorite place I believe I have
          ever cached is just a 20 minute drive west of the strip in the Red
          Rock Recreation Area. It is absolutely amazing! There are close to
          200 caches that way and the terrain is like another planet.
          Gorgeous! I HIGHLY recommend it!!! I'd post some photos here but the
          photo section doesn't seem to be working anymore.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Gary"
          <gj289fia@y...> wrote:
          > Although I've been using Firefox for quite a while now,I'd never
          run
          > across the GreaseMonkey scripts. Looks like a whole new aspect of
          > Firefox to explore. The Google script works fine without being
          logged
          > in as a premium member - guess gc.com will be closing
          that 'loophole'
          > soon.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Nick Silkey
          > <nsilkey@g...> wrote:
          > > Another thing I neglected to mention was the usefulness of the
          > > GreaseMonkey script for locating 'nearby' geocaches using Google
          Maps.
          > > I can use
          > http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.097448,-
          115.172939&spn=0.008261,0.010879&t=k&hl=en
          > > to locate nearby geocaches just off the strip. I havent tried
          to use
          > > the script without being a premium member. YMMV.
          > >
          > > The URL for the script is

          http://home.austin.rr.com/joshgunnar/userscripts/gmapscaches.user.js

          > > More information on GreaseMonkey can be found at
          > http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/
          > >
          > > Enjoy.

        • Kevin Mefford
          Message 4 of 9 , May 27, 2005
            I really think the term "money shot" should be avoided when discussing
            Vegas!!! ;)