Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Squirrels in the bathroom

  • Gary O. Payne
    Message 1 of 17 , May 4, 2005
      LOL! Candy that's almost too bizarre to be credible!

      Candy Lind wrote:

      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jana" <cybercat@w...>
      > wrote:
      > > Candy, I heard that you have a doozie of a story to tell everyone
      > > about a squirrel in your bathroom? Please fill us in on the de-
      > > TAILS!!!!
      > > Jana
      >
      > Hey guys, you can start mourning the death of the greatest name in
      > San Antonio Geocaching RIGHT NOW, because I'M GONNA KILL HER.
      >
      > Disclaimer: this story doesn't count for The Outlaw's "Storyteller"
      > cache. Just want to make that clear because I'm sure I'll be the
      > brunt of jokes and stories about this for the next milennium.
      >
      > The story. It's not much, but boy is it BIZARRE. I just walked in my
      > bathroom yesterday afternoon to relieve myself. I didn't even bother
      > to turn on the light ... it's one of those things you can do in your
      > sleep, in the dark, you know ... you've done it thousands of times,
      > right? Well, I did my little tinkle duty, then when I stood up to
      > clean up, out of the corner of my eye I caught something MOVING in
      > the toilet! I SCREAMED and jumped away, and next thing I know, a
      > paniced-looking squirrel climbs out of the toilet! I think I screamed
      > again but things are a little blurry at that point. He ran behind the
      > toilet and I ran out and shut the door!
      >
      > Where'd he come from? We've been having trouble with squirrels in our
      > attic, and I think he climbed/fell through the light fixture and
      > straight into the toilet. I just happened along to use the services
      > at exactly the wrong time.
      >
      > We'll be distributing the mothballs (I understand they hate them and
      > this will drive them all out) and plugging up the entry points right
      > away, you can be sure.
      >
      > Candy

    • Henry Rohlfs
      Message 2 of 17 , May 4, 2005
        I've heard the stories about alligators crawling up the toilet pipes,
        but squirrels falling in the toilet??? We've just witnessed the making
        of a new urban legend!

        >>> candylind@... 5/4/2005 9:40:29 AM >>>
        wrote:
        > Candy, I heard that you have a doozie of a story to tell everyone
        > about a squirrel in your bathroom? Please fill us in on the de-
        > TAILS!!!!
        > Jana

        Hey guys, you can start mourning the death of the greatest name in
        San Antonio Geocaching RIGHT NOW, because I'M GONNA KILL HER.

        Disclaimer: this story doesn't count for The Outlaw's "Storyteller"
        cache. Just want to make that clear because I'm sure I'll be the
        brunt of jokes and stories about this for the next milennium.

        The story. It's not much, but boy is it BIZARRE. I just walked in my
        bathroom yesterday afternoon to relieve myself. I didn't even bother
        to turn on the light ... it's one of those things you can do in your
        sleep, in the dark, you know ... you've done it thousands of times,
        right? Well, I did my little tinkle duty, then when I stood up to
        clean up, out of the corner of my eye I caught something MOVING in
        the toilet! I SCREAMED and jumped away, and next thing I know, a
        paniced-looking squirrel climbs out of the toilet! I think I screamed
        again but things are a little blurry at that point. He ran behind the
        toilet and I ran out and shut the door!

        Where'd he come from? We've been having trouble with squirrels in our
        attic, and I think he climbed/fell through the light fixture and
        straight into the toilet. I just happened along to use the services
        at exactly the wrong time.

        We'll be distributing the mothballs (I understand they hate them and
        this will drive them all out) and plugging up the entry points right
        away, you can be sure.

        Candy

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 17 , May 4, 2005
          You have a vent pipe in your plumbing that goes to the roof. They come down the pipe and can't turn around and end up coming out the toilet.  Put some wire mesh over the vents on the roof.

          Better than a racoon... :)

          wrote:
          > Candy, I heard that you have a doozie of a story to tell everyone
          > about a squirrel in your bathroom?  Please fill us in on the de-
          > TAILS!!!!
          > Jana

          Hey guys, you can start mourning the death of the greatest name in
          San Antonio Geocaching RIGHT NOW, because I'M GONNA KILL HER.

          Disclaimer: this story doesn't count for The Outlaw's "Storyteller"
          cache. Just want to make that clear because I'm sure I'll be the
          brunt of jokes and stories about this for the next milennium.

          The story. It's not much, but boy is it BIZARRE. I just walked in my
          bathroom yesterday afternoon to relieve myself. I didn't even bother
          to turn on the light ... it's one of those things you can do in your
          sleep, in the dark, you know ... you've done it thousands of times,
          right? Well, I did my little tinkle duty, then when I stood up to
          clean up, out of the corner of my eye I caught something MOVING in
          the toilet! I SCREAMED and jumped away, and next thing I know, a
          paniced-looking squirrel climbs out of the toilet! I think I screamed
          again but things are a little blurry at that point. He ran behind the
          toilet and I ran out and shut the door!

          Where'd he come from? We've been having trouble with squirrels in our
          attic, and I think he climbed/fell through the light fixture and
          straight into the toilet. I just happened along to use the services
          at exactly the wrong time.

          We'll be distributing the mothballs (I understand they hate them and
          this will drive them all out) and plugging up the entry points right
          away, you can be sure.

          Candy

          Bill Hatfield  K5KCR

          "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." - Will Rogers

        • Candy Lind
          Message 4 of 17 , May 4, 2005
            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Rohlfs"
            <henry@p...> wrote:
            > I've heard the stories about alligators crawling up the toilet pipes,
            > but squirrels falling in the toilet??? We've just witnessed the making
            > of a new urban legend!

            I think the reason it scared me so badly was that I thought a rat could
            have come up through the sewer! LOL

            A related story from my childhood ... I remember waking up one morning
            to my mother's paniced whispering across the hall ... Jimmy, there's a
            SNAKE in the toilet! She was always the first one up, and when she
            headed to the bathroom she found a baby rattler in the toilet!

            Candy
          • Candy Lind
            Message 5 of 17 , May 4, 2005
              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill <chardon47@y...>
              wrote:
              > You have a vent pipe in your plumbing that goes to the roof. They
              come down the pipe and can't turn around and end up coming out the
              toilet. Put some wire mesh over the vents on the roof.

              > Better than a racoon... :)

              Another thing to check out ... I know they've been coming in one of the
              eave vents in the attic, but suspect a couple of other places, too.
              We've had one fall down the chimney before, too!

              Candy
            • Essiar
              Message 6 of 17 , May 4, 2005
                Candy, you could have started the "squirrel in the toilet"
                locationless on TC.com! :-)

                <candylind@e...> wrote:

                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill <chardon47@y...>
                > wrote:
                > > You have a vent pipe in your plumbing that goes to the roof. They
                > come down the pipe and can't turn around and end up coming out the
                > toilet. Put some wire mesh over the vents on the roof.
                > >
                > > Better than a racoon... :)
                > >

                > Another thing to check out ... I know they've been coming in one of
                the
                > eave vents in the attic, but suspect a couple of other places, too.
                > We've had one fall down the chimney before, too!
                >
                > Candy
              • Lowracer
                Message 7 of 17 , May 4, 2005
                  Yikes! Time to install one of these handy devices:

                  http://tinyurl.com/c2hc5

                  <candylind@e...> ...We've been having trouble with squirrels in our
                  > attic, and I think he climbed/fell through the light fixture and
                  > straight into the toilet. I just happened along to use the services
                  > at exactly the wrong time.
                • Perrine Julie-ra5686
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 4, 2005
                    Geez, just when I thought I was over the trauma of the squirrel story and about ready to get back to work,.........

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind" <candylind@e...> ...We've been having trouble with squirrels in our
                    > attic, and I think he climbed/fell through the light fixture and
                    > straight into the toilet. I just happened along to use the services
                    > at exactly the wrong time.

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Bill
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 4, 2005
                      Or just put in red lights. They worked well when I was in the military. :)

                      Lowracer <markgessner@...> wrote:
                      Yikes! Time to install one of these handy devices:

                      http://tinyurl.com/c2hc5

                      <candylind@e...> ...We've been having trouble with squirrels in our
                      > attic, and I think he climbed/fell through the light fixture and
                      > straight into the toilet. I just happened along to use the services
                      > at exactly the wrong time.

                      Bill Hatfield  K5KCR

                      "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." - Will Rogers

                    • Randell Pitts
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 4, 2005

                        I can hear my son now:

                        “Red means stop,

                        Green means go,

                        Yellow means BEEEE CAREFUL!”

                        Someone please tell me- if there’s a lighted arrow, who has the right-of-way?  Does the presence of a “No U-Turn” sign mean you hafta do your bizness standing up?  What about “Slower Traffic Move Right?”

                        These kinda things keep me up at night…..

                        Or just put in red lights. They worked well when I was in the military. :)

                        Lowracer <markgessner@...> wrote:

                        Yikes! Time to install one of these handy devices:

                        http://tinyurl.com/c2hc5

                        <candylind@e...> ...We've been having trouble with squirrels in our
                        > attic, and I think he climbed/fell through the light fixture and
                        > straight into the toilet. I just happened along to use the services
                        > at exactly the wrong time.

                        Bill Hatfield  K5KCR

                        "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." - Will Rogers

                      • Bill

                          Or just put in red lights. They worked well when I was in the military. :)

                          Lowracer <markgessner@...> wrote:

                          Yikes! Time to install one of these handy devices:

                          http://tinyurl.com/c2hc5

                          <candylind@e...> ...We've been having trouble with squirrels in our
                          > attic, and I think he climbed/fell through the light fixture and
                          > straight into the toilet. I just happened along to use the services
                          > at exactly the wrong time.

                          Bill Hatfield  K5KCR

                          "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." - Will Rogers

                          Bill Hatfield  K5KCR

                          "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." - Will Rogers

                        • Barry Watson
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 4, 2005
                            Message
                            What if the unit was wired wrong by poor quality control at the plant?
                            The colors get switched one night when I diode goes bad....
                            The neighborhood fire department gets a call to extract a terrified
                            woman stuck in a toilet who is screaming, "Tell them to hurry!
                            I can hear something splashing around down there!"

                            LMAO!!!!

                            (As she swats at the moths that have been attracted to the light....)

                            Doc Geo
                            Someone please tell me- if there’s a lighted arrow, who has the right-of-way?  Does the presence of a “No U-Turn” sign mean you hafta do your bizness standing up?  What about “Slower Traffic Move Right?”

                            These kinda things keep me up at night…..

                            Or just put in red lights. They worked well when I was in the military. :)

                            Lowracer <markgessner@...> wrote:

                            Yikes! Time to install one of these handy devices:

                            http://tinyurl.com/c2hc5

                            <candylind@e...> ...We've been having trouble with squirrels in our
                            > attic, and I think he climbed/fell through the light fixture and
                            > straight into the toilet. I just happened along to use the services
                            > at exactly the wrong time.

                            Bill Hatfield  K5KCR

                            "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." - Will Rogers

                          • thediver78613
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 4, 2005
                              <candylind@e...> wrote:
                              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jana"
                              <cybercat@w...>
                              > wrote:
                              > > Candy, I heard that you have a doozie of a story to tell everyone
                              > > about a squirrel in your bathroom? Please fill us in on the de-
                              > > TAILS!!!!
                              > > Jana
                              >
                              > Hey guys, you can start mourning the death of the greatest name in
                              > San Antonio Geocaching RIGHT NOW, because I'M GONNA KILL HER.

                              I've encountered a similiar situation. When I was a youngster, my
                              parents had a Airstream trailer by Lake Whitney. We had 3 squirrels
                              enter the trailer via the vent for the refrigerator (pilot light).
                              Problem was they entered while it was closed up for the winter. Clean
                              up was fun when we got back in the spring (grotesque images thoroughly
                              planted in mind now :D). We plugged the hole but it happened again the
                              next year. They found another entrance that time.

                              Alan
                            • joanwhistler
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 5, 2005
                                You think you were scared, Candy, but what about that poor
                                squirrel? First he finds himself swimming for his life in the
                                toilet (I never knew squirrels could swim!), then suddenly it gets
                                VERY dark and ... no details here, use your imaginations ... then
                                this crazy lady starts screaming and slamming doors! He's just lucky
                                you didn't flush before you saw him! Poor little critter!

                                <henry@p...> wrote:
                                > I've heard the stories about alligators crawling up the toilet
                                pipes,
                                > but squirrels falling in the toilet??? We've just witnessed the
                                making
                                > of a new urban legend!

                                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jana"
                                <cybercat@w...>
                                > wrote:
                                > > Candy, I heard that you have a doozie of a story to tell
                                everyone
                                > > about a squirrel in your bathroom? Please fill us in on the de-
                                > > TAILS!!!!
                                > > Jana
                                >
                                > Hey guys, you can start mourning the death of the greatest name in
                                > San Antonio Geocaching RIGHT NOW, because I'M GONNA KILL HER.
                                >
                                > Disclaimer: this story doesn't count for The
                                Outlaw's "Storyteller"
                                > cache. Just want to make that clear because I'm sure I'll be the
                                > brunt of jokes and stories about this for the next milennium.
                                >
                                > The story. It's not much, but boy is it BIZARRE. I just walked in
                                my
                                > bathroom yesterday afternoon to relieve myself. I didn't even
                                bother
                                > to turn on the light ... it's one of those things you can do in
                                your
                                > sleep, in the dark, you know ... you've done it thousands of
                                times,
                                > right? Well, I did my little tinkle duty, then when I stood up to
                                > clean up, out of the corner of my eye I caught something MOVING in
                                > the toilet! I SCREAMED and jumped away, and next thing I know, a
                                > paniced-looking squirrel climbs out of the toilet! I think I
                                screamed
                                > again but things are a little blurry at that point. He ran behind
                                the
                                > toilet and I ran out and shut the door!
                                >
                                > Where'd he come from? We've been having trouble with squirrels in
                                our
                                > attic, and I think he climbed/fell through the light fixture and
                                > straight into the toilet. I just happened along to use the
                                services
                                > at exactly the wrong time.
                                >
                                > We'll be distributing the mothballs (I understand they hate them
                                and
                                > this will drive them all out) and plugging up the entry points
                                right
                                > away, you can be sure.
                                >
                                > Candy
                                >

                                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • Cybercat
                                Message 15 of 17 , May 5, 2005
                                  Candy, I didn't see anything in all of this where you tell us what happened
                                  to the squirrel----did you trap him? Did he find a hidey hole in the
                                  bathroom somewhere and you still can't find him? Does the cat have a
                                  squirrel's tail hanging out of his mouth? I hope this has a happy ending
                                  Jana