New Event Coming - NO RSVP REQUIRED!

  • mrscaptainpicard
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2005
      I think I'm going to plan an event for everyone, but especially for
      those people who've never really met any of the other geocachers
      before. It's going to be something that requires no planning on my
      part (after setting it up) and I won't allow people to RSVP, they will
      just have to show up.

      Would you come? WAIT! Don't tell me!

      When I get this more thought out, I'll let you know.

      See you there! or not!

      Julie
      (Mrs. Captain Picard)
    • Wendy
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005
        Julie-

        I think this is a great idea. If it's during the summer it would
        definitely be great. We'll have my brother here staying with us and
        we'll have our lil' cacher as well. We introduced geocaching to my
        brother when we went to visit during the Christmas holidays and he
        had a lot of fun. However without a GPS or a ride, he's not able to
        go out caching, so he is anxiously waiting to visit so that we can
        take him out. We would also love to meet all of the new geocachers
        that are beginning such a wonderful sport.

        -Wendy

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "mrscaptainpicard"
        <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
        > I think I'm going to plan an event for everyone, but especially
        for
        > those people who've never really met any of the other geocachers
        > before. It's going to be something that requires no planning on
        my
        > part (after setting it up) and I won't allow people to RSVP, they
        will
        > just have to show up.
        >
        > Would you come? WAIT! Don't tell me!
        >
        > When I get this more thought out, I'll let you know.
        >
        > See you there! or not!
        >
        > Julie
        > (Mrs. Captain Picard)
      • Barry Watson
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2005
          Message
          Julie,
          I don't know why, but I feel more interested in going to this one.
          Especially if it will be as fun as your "2K Find" party....

          Doc Geo

          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2005
            I know we recently had an event and were rather surprised by the small
            turnout as well. We had everything you could imagine. Childcare
            while people cached, Big Prizes (even Spurs Tickets), Food. But even
            with all that we still had a small turnout overall. It was still a
            lot of fun. I guess that there are so many events running that people
            are getting picky about what they go to. Before there were the rare
            events that everyone died trying to make. Now there are events around
            nearly every weekend. It just makes it hard to make them all.

            James
          • Kathy Clayton
            Message 5 of 5 , May 4, 2005
              Message