Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] WHAT HAPPENED, GEOCACHERS????????

  • Kathy Clayton
    Message 1 of 29 , May 2, 2005
      Message
      I don't really know anyone to form a team. I don't really know that many people in San Antonio. I just started Geocaching so I am not very good at events.

      Kat C.
      Message 2 of 29 , May 3, 2005
        <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
        > Gang,
        > JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event
        that just got cancelled due to lack of signup. I KNOW first hand that
        everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if you
        all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this
        together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response
        than they got.

        To tell you the truth, I've been just plain too busy to even look at
        this and didn't realize it was a team thing and that you had to sign
        up. I'm sorry, J&J! Entirely MY BAD.

        Candy
      • Essiar
        Message 3 of 29 , May 3, 2005
          Awwwwwwwww..... thank you Mo. :-)

          Message 4 of 29 , May 3, 2005
            Thanks to MCP for starting this thread and thanks for the
            When we scheduled this event, we suspected that this might be a
            hectic
            weekend for everyone. It just so happens that this was the ONLY
            free
            weekend we had between the Texas Challenge and Memorial Day. We
            wanted to hold the event before the Texas summer settled in. This
            is
            the first event we've hosted - so let's just call it a learning
            experience.

            We still believe that Geobowling could be a lot of fun so we're
            going
            to try again in the fall - like a Sunday in late September.

            <candylind@e...> wrote:
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
            ra5686
            > <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
            > > Gang,
            > > JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event
            > that just got cancelled due to lack of signup. I KNOW first hand
            that
            > everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if
            you
            > all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this
            > together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response
            > than they got.
            >
            > To tell you the truth, I've been just plain too busy to even look
            at
            > this and didn't realize it was a team thing and that you had to
            sign
            > up. I'm sorry, J&J! Entirely MY BAD.
            >
            > Candy
          • joanwhistler
            Message 5 of 29 , May 4, 2005
              Julie, you didn't list my excuse ... Hobbling around on crutches
              after foot surgery! Hopefully only a few more weeks of this and
              then I'll be able to get back out on the trails!

              Joan