Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] WHAT HAPPENED, GEOCACHERS????????

  • Randell Pitts
    Message 1 of 29 , May 2, 2005
      Working that day.

      Perrine Julie-ra5686 <julieperrine@...> wrote:
      Gang,
      JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event that just got cancelled due to lack of signup.  I KNOW first hand that everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if you all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response than they got.

      I'm sure this was going to be a fun event, and I'm POSITIVE many of you were planning on coming but just hadn't signed up yet.

      I want to make sure people who want to plan events FOR ALL OF US don't get discouraged, so I'm going to ask you to tell me:

      What prevented you from signing up, if you were thinking about coming?

      I'm going to list some reasons, but I'd really like it if you would post a note with a brief message that would help us keep these events alive.

      I don't know anybody to form a team.

      I'm not sure how to play.

      All day is too long.

      I can't afford it.

      I just forgot.

      I was waiting until the last minute, but I was really intending to come.

      Hiding something in advance was more than I wanted to do.

      What else???????

    • Kathy Clayton
      Message 2 of 29 , May 2, 2005
        Message
        I don't really know anyone to form a team. I don't really know that many people in San Antonio. I just started Geocaching so I am not very good at events.

        Kat C.

        Message 3 of 29 , May 3, 2005
          <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
          > Gang,
          > JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event
          that just got cancelled due to lack of signup. I KNOW first hand that
          everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if you
          all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this
          together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response
          than they got.

          To tell you the truth, I've been just plain too busy to even look at
          this and didn't realize it was a team thing and that you had to sign
          up. I'm sorry, J&J! Entirely MY BAD.

          Candy
        • Essiar
          Message 4 of 29 , May 3, 2005
            Awwwwwwwww..... thank you Mo. :-)

            Message 5 of 29 , May 3, 2005
              Thanks to MCP for starting this thread and thanks for the
              When we scheduled this event, we suspected that this might be a
              hectic
              weekend for everyone. It just so happens that this was the ONLY
              free
              weekend we had between the Texas Challenge and Memorial Day. We
              wanted to hold the event before the Texas summer settled in. This
              is
              the first event we've hosted - so let's just call it a learning
              experience.

              We still believe that Geobowling could be a lot of fun so we're
              going
              to try again in the fall - like a Sunday in late September.

              <candylind@e...> wrote:
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
              ra5686
              > <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
              > > Gang,
              > > JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event
              > that just got cancelled due to lack of signup. I KNOW first hand
              that
              > everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if
              you
              > all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this
              > together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response
              > than they got.
              >
              > To tell you the truth, I've been just plain too busy to even look
              at
              > this and didn't realize it was a team thing and that you had to
              sign
              > up. I'm sorry, J&J! Entirely MY BAD.
              >
              > Candy
            • joanwhistler
              Message 6 of 29 , May 4, 2005
                Julie, you didn't list my excuse ... Hobbling around on crutches
                after foot surgery! Hopefully only a few more weeks of this and
                then I'll be able to get back out on the trails!

                Joan