RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] WHAT HAPPENED, GEOCACHERS????????

  • Barry Watson
    Message 1 of 29 , May 2, 2005
      Message
      I can't help you.  This is my pattern:

      I take notice of a future event that I have an interest in.

      When the date nears I reconsider the event in lieu of
      anything else that may have come since I first heard of it.

      The day before, I decide whether I will go to the event.

      UNLESS...

      I have to buy tickets in advance to ensure a good seat or
      to get a seat at all.
      or...
      if it's something I really, really want to do...

      I hardly ever commit to an event so far in advance because
      I may have to give up something else that comes up later

      Doc Geo

        Message 3 of 29 , May 2, 2005
          Message
          I don't really know anyone to form a team. I don't really know that many people in San Antonio. I just started Geocaching so I am not very good at events.

          Kat C.

          Message 4 of 29 , May 3, 2005
            <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
            > Gang,
            > JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event
            that just got cancelled due to lack of signup. I KNOW first hand that
            everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if you
            all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this
            together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response
            than they got.

            To tell you the truth, I've been just plain too busy to even look at
            this and didn't realize it was a team thing and that you had to sign
            up. I'm sorry, J&J! Entirely MY BAD.

            Candy
          • Essiar
            Message 5 of 29 , May 3, 2005
              Awwwwwwwww..... thank you Mo. :-)

              Message 6 of 29 , May 3, 2005
                Thanks to MCP for starting this thread and thanks for the
                When we scheduled this event, we suspected that this might be a
                hectic
                weekend for everyone. It just so happens that this was the ONLY
                free
                weekend we had between the Texas Challenge and Memorial Day. We
                wanted to hold the event before the Texas summer settled in. This
                is
                the first event we've hosted - so let's just call it a learning
                experience.

                We still believe that Geobowling could be a lot of fun so we're
                going
                to try again in the fall - like a Sunday in late September.

                <candylind@e...> wrote:
                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
                ra5686
                > <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                > > Gang,
                > > JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event
                > that just got cancelled due to lack of signup. I KNOW first hand
                that
                > everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if
                you
                > all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this
                > together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response
                > than they got.
                >
                > To tell you the truth, I've been just plain too busy to even look
                at
                > this and didn't realize it was a team thing and that you had to
                sign
                > up. I'm sorry, J&J! Entirely MY BAD.
                >
                > Candy
              • joanwhistler
                Message 7 of 29 , May 4, 2005
                  Julie, you didn't list my excuse ... Hobbling around on crutches
                  after foot surgery! Hopefully only a few more weeks of this and
                  then I'll be able to get back out on the trails!

                  Joan