Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] WHAT HAPPENED, GEOCACHERS????????

  • Megindler@aol.com
    Message 1 of 29 , May 2 4:24 PM
      If I know Grajek, he was just being a smart ass.  Yeah... he was just being a smart ass.    ;o)
      Message 2 of 29 , May 2 4:34 PM

        Me???? Never.! When have I ever been a smart ass? :-P

        Just happens this time I was serious. I guess it’s the boy that cried wolf deal.

        We seem to have a classic case of the “Tragedy Of the Commons.”

        P.S.

        Julie left out the one Category that I needed. “You are banned form the site and cannot even lookup GeoBowling.”  That’s my reason.

        Thanks

        Grajek

        A.K.A

        El Che!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Viva La Terracaching.

        On 5/2/2005 6:24:01 PM, centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > If I know Grajek, he was just being a smart ass.  Yeah... he was just

        > being a smart ass.    ;o)

        style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Perrine Julie-ra5686

        >  Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 3:00 PM

        >  To: 'CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.

        > com'
        >
        >  Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] WHAT
        HAPPENED, GEOCACHERS????????

        > Gang,

      • Lowracer
        Message 3 of 29 , May 2 4:50 PM
          Jeff we know you have a number of evil sockpuppets for clandestine
          site access...

          BTW, Just did a search of this group and noticed that of the two
          messages I found promoting the event initially, neither had a link to
          the event page on geocaching.com. The first actual link I could find
          was posted today in response to Grajek's question.

          In the future I would suggest whenever someone posts an event and
          advertises it here, put a link to the cache page in your message to
          increase RSVP participation. Give folks something to click on instead
          of having them cut and paste the waypoint ID into the search page on
          GC.com (if they even know how to do this, many are new and might not
          know). Don't make the participants have to work hard to find your
          event page.

          Also, when you post your link, use www.tinyurl.com since URLs can
          'word-wrap' and this breaks them.

          If all else fails, getting an endorsement from Moosiegirl can't hurt
          your turnout...

          -mark.
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek" <jgrajek@a...>

        • Grajek
          Message 4 of 29 , May 2 5:01 PM
            I would never Violate the Terms of Use of any site. LMAOROFLLOL

            Message 5 of 29 , May 2 5:23 PM
              Message
              I can't help you.  This is my pattern:

              I take notice of a future event that I have an interest in.

              When the date nears I reconsider the event in lieu of
              anything else that may have come since I first heard of it.

              The day before, I decide whether I will go to the event.

              UNLESS...

              I have to buy tickets in advance to ensure a good seat or
              to get a seat at all.
              or...
              if it's something I really, really want to do...

              I hardly ever commit to an event so far in advance because
              I may have to give up something else that comes up later

              Doc Geo
              Friends, I'm not asking you to justify why you didn't come to this event.  I'm trying to figure out how to get more people to RSVP earlier.  I don't want to be the event POLICE.  I just know how it is to plan stuff and not know until the end if anyone is coming.  Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't.  Depending on the event.

                Message 7 of 29 , May 2 6:44 PM
                  Message
                  I don't really know anyone to form a team. I don't really know that many people in San Antonio. I just started Geocaching so I am not very good at events.

                  Kat C.

                  Message 8 of 29 , May 3 3:47 AM
                    <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                    > Gang,
                    > JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event
                    that just got cancelled due to lack of signup. I KNOW first hand that
                    everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if you
                    all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this
                    together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response
                    than they got.

                    To tell you the truth, I've been just plain too busy to even look at
                    this and didn't realize it was a team thing and that you had to sign
                    up. I'm sorry, J&J! Entirely MY BAD.

                    Candy
                  • Essiar
                    Message 9 of 29 , May 3 6:08 AM
                      Awwwwwwwww..... thank you Mo. :-)

                      Message 10 of 29 , May 3 5:38 PM
                        Thanks to MCP for starting this thread and thanks for the
                        When we scheduled this event, we suspected that this might be a
                        hectic
                        weekend for everyone. It just so happens that this was the ONLY
                        free
                        weekend we had between the Texas Challenge and Memorial Day. We
                        wanted to hold the event before the Texas summer settled in. This
                        is
                        the first event we've hosted - so let's just call it a learning
                        experience.

                        We still believe that Geobowling could be a lot of fun so we're
                        going
                        to try again in the fall - like a Sunday in late September.

                        <candylind@e...> wrote:
                        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
                        ra5686
                        > <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                        > > Gang,
                        > > JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event
                        > that just got cancelled due to lack of signup. I KNOW first hand
                        that
                        > everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if
                        you
                        > all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this
                        > together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response
                        > than they got.
                        >
                        > To tell you the truth, I've been just plain too busy to even look
                        at
                        > this and didn't realize it was a team thing and that you had to
                        sign
                        > up. I'm sorry, J&J! Entirely MY BAD.
                        >
                        > Candy
                      • joanwhistler
                        Message 11 of 29 , May 4 9:41 AM
                          Julie, you didn't list my excuse ... Hobbling around on crutches
                          after foot surgery! Hopefully only a few more weeks of this and
                          then I'll be able to get back out on the trails!

                          Joan