RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] WHAT HAPPENED, GEOCACHERS????????

  • Scott Robuck
    Message 1 of 29 , May 2, 2005
      Message

      …out of town for Mother’s day.  April and May are the busiest months for me.

      Scott Robuck

      Team GeoDillo

      Message 2 of 29 , May 2, 2005
        Or "Only if they use snuff cans"

        Perrine Julie-ra5686 <julieperrine@...> wrote:
        You've never met Grajek, have you Nick!

        Just for you Grajek, I'm adding a special response category of "You Can't Make Me If I Don't Want To."

        Message 3 of 29 , May 2, 2005

          Hide snuff cans??? I am in.

          On 5/2/2005 4:29:43 PM, centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > Or "Only if they use snuff cans"

          > Perrine Julie-ra5686 <julieperrine@...>
          > wrote:You've never met Grajek, have you Nick!

          Just for you Grajek, I'm
          > adding a special response category of
          > "You Can't Make Me If I Don't Want To."
          > Julie

          style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Perrine Julie-ra5686

        • Wendy
          Message 4 of 29 , May 2, 2005
            We would have loved to have made it to this event. However, with our
            little one due just around the corner, we don't want to be wondering
            to far from home. Let us know for when it is rescheduled and we will
            try our best to be there for it.

            -Wendy
          • David Campbell
            Message 5 of 29 , May 2, 2005
              Hi, cachers.  I've never been to a geocaching event and I'd love to attend one, but my schedule keeps conflicting.  After all, I have four active boys and a dog and even a husband.
              My excuses:
              1) I don't know anybody to form a team.  True.  My ID is really a family ID so we could maybe be a team together, but I really do most of the caching alone or with my youngest tagging along.  The only other cacher I know is my brother, but he's in Arkansas.
              2) I'm not sure how to play.  True.  But I read about it and it sounds fun.
              3) All day is too long.  9 - 2 really is too long for me, because a) I bring my 3-year-old who wouldn't last that long OR b) I leave my 3-year-old with my hubby who wouldn't last that long!
              4) My real excuse: I'm going out of town for the weekend to be with my mom, or I might try to make it.  Most of the events occur on weekends when we already have plans.
              On another note, when I'm traveling this weekend, I'm aiming to reach that 100 mark.  Only 21 to go!  Then I'll get my first cache or two hidden.
              Lisa Campbell

[...]

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Perrine Julie-ra5686
              Message 6 of 29 , May 2, 2005
                Message
                Friends, I'm not asking you to justify why you didn't come to this event.  I'm trying to figure out how to get more people to RSVP earlier.  I don't want to be the event POLICE.  I just know how it is to plan stuff and not know until the end if anyone is coming.  Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't.  Depending on the event.

                Message 7 of 29 , May 2, 2005
                  He makes up for the frustration with his post cache feasts!

                  Message 8 of 29 , May 2, 2005
                    If I know Grajek, he was just being a smart ass.  Yeah... he was just being a smart ass.    ;o)
                    Message 9 of 29 , May 2, 2005

                      Me???? Never.! When have I ever been a smart ass? :-P

                      Just happens this time I was serious. I guess it’s the boy that cried wolf deal.

                      We seem to have a classic case of the “Tragedy Of the Commons.”

                      P.S.

                      Julie left out the one Category that I needed. “You are banned form the site and cannot even lookup GeoBowling.”  That’s my reason.

                      Thanks

                      Grajek

                      A.K.A

                      El Che!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                      Viva La Terracaching.

                      On 5/2/2005 6:24:01 PM, centraltexasgeocachers@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                      > If I know Grajek, he was just being a smart ass.  Yeah... he was just

                      > being a smart ass.    ;o)

                    • Lowracer
                      Message 10 of 29 , May 2, 2005
                        Jeff we know you have a number of evil sockpuppets for clandestine
                        site access...

                        BTW, Just did a search of this group and noticed that of the two
                        messages I found promoting the event initially, neither had a link to
                        the event page on geocaching.com. The first actual link I could find
                        was posted today in response to Grajek's question.

                        In the future I would suggest whenever someone posts an event and
                        advertises it here, put a link to the cache page in your message to
                        increase RSVP participation. Give folks something to click on instead
                        of having them cut and paste the waypoint ID into the search page on
                        GC.com (if they even know how to do this, many are new and might not
                        know). Don't make the participants have to work hard to find your
                        event page.

                        Also, when you post your link, use www.tinyurl.com since URLs can
                        'word-wrap' and this breaks them.

                        If all else fails, getting an endorsement from Moosiegirl can't hurt
                        your turnout...

                        -mark.
                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Grajek" <jgrajek@a...>

                      • Grajek
                        Message 11 of 29 , May 2, 2005
                          I would never Violate the Terms of Use of any site. LMAOROFLLOL

                          Message 12 of 29 , May 2, 2005
                            Message
                            I can't help you.  This is my pattern:

                            I take notice of a future event that I have an interest in.

                            When the date nears I reconsider the event in lieu of
                            anything else that may have come since I first heard of it.

                            The day before, I decide whether I will go to the event.

                            UNLESS...

                            I have to buy tickets in advance to ensure a good seat or
                            to get a seat at all.
                            or...
                            if it's something I really, really want to do...

                            I hardly ever commit to an event so far in advance because
                            I may have to give up something else that comes up later

                            Doc Geo

                              Message 14 of 29 , May 2, 2005
                                Message
                                I don't really know anyone to form a team. I don't really know that many people in San Antonio. I just started Geocaching so I am not very good at events.

                                Kat C.

                                Message 15 of 29 , May 3, 2005
                                  <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                                  > Gang,
                                  > JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event
                                  that just got cancelled due to lack of signup. I KNOW first hand that
                                  everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if you
                                  all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this
                                  together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response
                                  than they got.

                                  To tell you the truth, I've been just plain too busy to even look at
                                  this and didn't realize it was a team thing and that you had to sign
                                  up. I'm sorry, J&J! Entirely MY BAD.

                                  Candy
                                • Essiar
                                  Message 16 of 29 , May 3, 2005
                                    Awwwwwwwww..... thank you Mo. :-)

                                    > He makes up for the frustration with his post cache feasts!

                                    GEOCACHERS????????

                                    > It's the honest truth ... I hate you for many reasons ... CH ...
                                    Sixty
                                    > Sick ... Take a Nap ... ;)
                                    >
                                    > On 5/2/05, Essiar <essiar@t...> wrote:
                                    > > ROFLMAO!!!
                                    > > Putting faces to the names is always fun ... That and
                                    > > > I want to get at Essiar with my machete for Cited Honorees ...
                                    >

                                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                  • jnjwalla
                                    Message 17 of 29 , May 3, 2005
                                      Thanks to MCP for starting this thread and thanks for the
                                      When we scheduled this event, we suspected that this might be a
                                      hectic
                                      weekend for everyone. It just so happens that this was the ONLY
                                      free
                                      weekend we had between the Texas Challenge and Memorial Day. We
                                      wanted to hold the event before the Texas summer settled in. This
                                      is
                                      the first event we've hosted - so let's just call it a learning
                                      experience.

                                      We still believe that Geobowling could be a lot of fun so we're
                                      going
                                      to try again in the fall - like a Sunday in late September.

                                      <candylind@e...> wrote:
                                      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Perrine Julie-
                                      ra5686
                                      > <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
                                      > > Gang,
                                      > > JNJWalla put a lot of effort into designing the Geobowling event
                                      > that just got cancelled due to lack of signup. I KNOW first hand
                                      that
                                      > everyone likes to make up their minds at the last minute, but if
                                      you
                                      > all realized what a lot of effort it is to put something like this
                                      > together, you would know that John and Judy deserved more response
                                      > than they got.
                                      >
                                      > To tell you the truth, I've been just plain too busy to even look
                                      at
                                      > this and didn't realize it was a team thing and that you had to
                                      sign
                                      > up. I'm sorry, J&J! Entirely MY BAD.
                                      >
                                      > Candy
                                    • joanwhistler
                                      Message 18 of 29 , May 4, 2005
                                        Julie, you didn't list my excuse ... Hobbling around on crutches
                                        after foot surgery! Hopefully only a few more weeks of this and
                                        then I'll be able to get back out on the trails!

                                        Joan