Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Custom Google Map queries

  • Paul Holland
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2005
      For the Maps.google.com I can not get it to pull up the address:

      V Celnici 7, PO Box 726 Prague, 111 21 Czech Republic

      and for geocoder.us its only for US addresses.  looking for a way to convert International addresses to lat/longitude...

      Nedry <geocaching@...> wrote:

      There are several other options.  One is <http://geocoder.us/>.

      The other is to find the location of interest on <http://maps.google.com>.  Once you have found it, click on "Link to this page" in the upper right hand corner of the page.  After the page refreshes you can get the latitude and longitude out of the URL.

      Nedry

      On 4/28/05 at 6:31 PM -0700 you wrote:
      Looks good, just wish there was a way you could put in an address and it would give you a lat-longitude..  I am sure there has to be one that exists?  That way if you know you are traveling to a city, you can pull up caches closest (versus those in the same zip)  issue with the Zip is when you are traveling to multiple places, and dont have your data cord (too much space (I know, dont bash)) and run out of waypoints in your GPS (I did this already)  Almost missed caching in a few new countries...

      Nick Silkey <nsilkey@...> wrote:
      http://mygmaps.com/

      "myGmaps enables you to create, save and host custom data files and
      display them with Google Maps."

      Site is currently being slashdotted, so its not too functional.  The
      errors shouldnt persist once mygmaps gets off the front page.

      Let me know if anyone uses this functionally; share your maps!

      http://mail.yahoo.com