Re: Waterloo Park Cache

  • rtyoungster
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2005
      Maybe I should go down and log it. Never been able to open it before!

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gessner
      <markgessner@c...> wrote:

      > On Apr 28, 2005, at 1:26 PM, Nick Silkey wrote:
      >
      > > ***SPOILERS BELOW***
      > > So ... should a lock be on this cache?
      > Yes.
    • Gregory
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 20, 2011
        Just heard the city will be shutting down Waterloo Park on November 1, and probably not reopening it until the end of 2015, for part of the Waller Creek project.

        http://www.kutnews.org/post/waterloo-park-close-until-2015 .

        I hate to see it close that long, lots of memories of everything from Spamarama to the Hot Sauce Festival.

        If you haven't had a chance to go after the Waterloo Park Cache GCH94N (the only one in the park right now) you ought to give it a try. Its (IMHO) a very cool cache, and when you find it you'll see how its lasted 8 years. I still remember running into buzzardcheater, The Outlaw, Moosiegirl, TreyB and Mrs. Captain Picard when we were all trying to find it (and we did)

        thorax
      • Mrs. Captain Picard

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 20, 2011
            On 10/20/2011 8:29 PM, Gregory wrote:

            oh! I remember looking for that cache and couldn't find it.  I saw Trey at Tanya's Xmas party that night and he told me where it was.  I said, it can't be there because there's a __________ on it!  Such fun in those days seeing containers that people were creating for the first time.....things you had never seen before.  Never had seen a skirt lifter, never had seen a fake bolt........Take a Nap just blew everybody away........getting wistfully nostalgic here...........:-)

            ,