Re: GC.com always slow on the weekends.

  • Essiar
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 18, 2005
      I also use a Palm IIIXE. They are $29 at Frye's. Best $29 I ever
      spent!

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Bill <chardon47@y...>
      wrote:
      > I use a 5 year old Palm IIIxe, that sells for about 50 bucks on
      eBay. Works just great.

      > Scott Robuck <team_geodillo@r...> wrote:
      > I wish I had one to give you Gary, but they can be had fairly
      cheap on eBay. Here is a Palm Vx that ends in an hour and is
      currently only $26 http://tinyurl.com/cmvhe

      > You don't really need a fancy color Palm device for paperless
      caching. Since everyone else out there is migrating towards the
      color devices, the older black and white ones are going cheap. As
      for your FTF needs, well, I suggest another program. A 12 step
      program might do the trick! J

      > Thanks...
      >

      > Scott Robuck

      devices or Palm Handhelds I'd be able to make use of those features
      just like the big dogs! :-)

      > I just happen to cache in a different way than some others so if I
      want to try to get one of those FTF's in South Austin then I'd best
      not wait until my pocket query comes back to me in hours or days.
      (MCP, Thorax, etc... don't want to wait for me to catch up!)

      > (I do pay Clyde for his Exceptional service and I love it as
      well!)

      > Scott Robuck wrote:
      >
      > To all you "slow website" whiners out there:
      >

      > I find caches all the time on Geocaching.com, but I only visit the
      website about once a month (except when I'm logging my caches). I
      never have to deal with GC.com's slow website. For those of you that
      pay the GC.com fees, you should be taking advantage of the pocket
      queries provided with your fee and you should be using a program
      like GSAK (www.gsak.net) to look at cache descriptions, sort,
      filter, read logs, write notes, map, and just about everything you
      can imagine. In fact, GSAK has MORE capability than the
      geocaching.com site itself! You can even use it to go paperless
      using your Palm or Windows CE device. It is an amazing program and
      basically creates its own database of all the caches, descriptions,
      logs, images, hints....you name it. GSAK has only a small fee to
      register and Clyde (the GSAK builder) is very responsive to updates
      and changes when requested by users, although there is so much
      functionality in that program I can't imagine that there would be
      anything it
      > can't do.
      >

      > GSAK is instantaneous. You don't need to be logged on to the
      internet to use it. It can even be set up to go grab the pocket
      queries from your gmail account or email account without you even
      having to check it!

      > So for you paying members out there, take advantage of what you're
      paying for already and stop your whining about slow websites! :-)