Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: a Saturday spent with the monster

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 9, 2005
      TC also has some of the most challenging geocaches in Central Texas. I work both GC and TC. Plenty of fun in both.

      wendy and james <wolf_n_wendy@...> wrote:

      BTW = By The Way
      TC.com = Terracaching.com  = another caching website with a point
      system that changes based on how often a cache is found.  Requires 2
      sponsors to join.  Very few caches or events on it that are listed
      on GC.com.  Some are even a little odd to say the least.  Has a paid
      section.  I am sure someone here would sponsor you.
      GC.com = Geocaching.com = the big green monster

      any other acronyms or jargon you need help with just let us know.

      James n Wendy
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gessner
      <markgessner@c...> wrote:
      > I've been seeing this acronym a lot lately.  Can someone expand it
      for
      > me?
      > Thanks,
      > -mark.
      >
      > BTW, if something like the monster were on TC.com, you'd get a lot
      more
      > than one 'smiley' for it.  The cache's score would increase with
      each
      > day that someone didn't find it until it became so point-laden
      that
      > you'd just have to venture out and snag it.
      >
      > On Apr 9, 2005, at 10:36 PM, Gary O. Payne wrote:
      >
      > > GCRTNO

      Bill Hatfield  K5KCR

      "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." - Will Rogers

    • Grajek
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 9, 2005
        Very nice except you didn't answer the question. Where GC does stand for
        GeoCaching I think the question had to do with the RTNO that appears
        after the GC. Anyone know what GCRTNO stands for?

        Thanks

        <markgessner@c...> wrote:
        > I've been seeing this acronym a lot lately. Can someone expand it
        for
        > me?
        > Thanks,
        > -mark.
        >
        > BTW, if something like the monster were on TC.com, you'd get a lot
        more
        > than one 'smiley' for it. The cache's score would increase with
        each
        > day that someone didn't find it until it became so point-laden
        that
        > you'd just have to venture out and snag it.
        >
        > On Apr 9, 2005, at 10:36 PM, Gary O. Payne wrote:
        >
        > > GCRTNO

      • Gary O. Payne
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005
          On the Terracaching.com fora there is a sensitivity to the appearance that we might be "site-bashing".

          SO, if a comment is made in reference to another site which may feature said site in a less-than-attractive light...it might be called "another site" or "another popular listing site".

          Grajek just said a site "I can't remember the name of" to make it less cumbersome.

          Others liked the reference an shortened it to GCRTNO.  As in.... "I saw a cache very similar to that one on a site GCRTNO" See:
           http://www.terracaching.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1399&highlight=gcrtno

          -Gary

          <markgessner@c...> wrote:

          I've been seeing this acronym a lot lately.  Can someone expand it

          for

          me?
          Thanks,
          -mark.

          BTW, if something like the monster were on TC.com, you'd get a lot

          more

          than one 'smiley' for it.  The cache's score would increase with

          each

          day that someone didn't find it until it became so point-laden

          that

          you'd just have to venture out and snag it.

          On Apr 9, 2005, at 10:36 PM, Gary O. Payne wrote:

          GCRTNO

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Mark Gessner
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005
            OK thanks. So GCRTNO means literally "Grajek Can't Remember The Name
            Of." That's a pretty handy acronym. I bet we could use that in other
            contexts as well.

          • Gary O. Payne

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005
                Some of us old folks have that, but we call it CRS...

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005
                  LOL!  I fit this category ! :-)

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005

                    LOL. Well well. I have started an acronym. “Can’t Remember The Name Of .” I likey  :-). Too funny. I don’t think I am old enough for a senior moment but getting close I guess.

                    I just hope this is not my sole claim to fame  :-)

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005

                      LOL. Now I know what this one means. When I go into another room and stand trying to remember why I came in there in the first place I think this to myself.” C.R.S.”  ;-p