Re: a Saturday spent with the monster

  • wendy and james
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 9, 2005
      BTW = By The Way
      TC.com = Terracaching.com = another caching website with a point
      system that changes based on how often a cache is found. Requires 2
      sponsors to join. Very few caches or events on it that are listed
      on GC.com. Some are even a little odd to say the least. Has a paid
      section. I am sure someone here would sponsor you.
      GC.com = Geocaching.com = the big green monster

      any other acronyms or jargon you need help with just let us know.

      James n Wendy
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gessner
      <markgessner@c...> wrote:
      > I've been seeing this acronym a lot lately. Can someone expand it
      for
      > me?
      > Thanks,
      > -mark.
      >
      > BTW, if something like the monster were on TC.com, you'd get a lot
      more
      > than one 'smiley' for it. The cache's score would increase with
      each
      > day that someone didn't find it until it became so point-laden
      that
      > you'd just have to venture out and snag it.
      >
      > On Apr 9, 2005, at 10:36 PM, Gary O. Payne wrote:
      >
      > > GCRTNO
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 9, 2005
        TC also has some of the most challenging geocaches in Central Texas. I work both GC and TC. Plenty of fun in both.

        <markgessner@c...> wrote:
        > I've been seeing this acronym a lot lately.  Can someone expand it
        for
        > me?
        > Thanks,
        > -mark.
        >
        > BTW, if something like the monster were on TC.com, you'd get a lot
        more
        > than one 'smiley' for it.  The cache's score would increase with
        each
        > day that someone didn't find it until it became so point-laden
        that
        > you'd just have to venture out and snag it.
        >
        > On Apr 9, 2005, at 10:36 PM, Gary O. Payne wrote:
        >
        > > GCRTNO

        Bill Hatfield  K5KCR

        "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." - Will Rogers

      • Grajek
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 9, 2005
          Very nice except you didn't answer the question. Where GC does stand for
          GeoCaching I think the question had to do with the RTNO that appears
          after the GC. Anyone know what GCRTNO stands for?

          Thanks

          <markgessner@c...> wrote:
          > I've been seeing this acronym a lot lately. Can someone expand it
          for
          > me?
          > Thanks,
          > -mark.
          >
          > BTW, if something like the monster were on TC.com, you'd get a lot
          more
          > than one 'smiley' for it. The cache's score would increase with
          each
          > day that someone didn't find it until it became so point-laden
          that
          > you'd just have to venture out and snag it.
          >
          > On Apr 9, 2005, at 10:36 PM, Gary O. Payne wrote:
          >
          > > GCRTNO

        • Gary O. Payne
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005
            On the Terracaching.com fora there is a sensitivity to the appearance that we might be "site-bashing".

            SO, if a comment is made in reference to another site which may feature said site in a less-than-attractive light...it might be called "another site" or "another popular listing site".

            Grajek just said a site "I can't remember the name of" to make it less cumbersome.

            Others liked the reference an shortened it to GCRTNO.  As in.... "I saw a cache very similar to that one on a site GCRTNO" See:
             http://www.terracaching.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1399&highlight=gcrtno

            -Gary

            <markgessner@c...> wrote:

            I've been seeing this acronym a lot lately.  Can someone expand it

            for

            me?
            Thanks,
            -mark.

            BTW, if something like the monster were on TC.com, you'd get a lot

            more

            than one 'smiley' for it.  The cache's score would increase with

            each

            day that someone didn't find it until it became so point-laden

            that

            you'd just have to venture out and snag it.

            On Apr 9, 2005, at 10:36 PM, Gary O. Payne wrote:

            GCRTNO

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Mark Gessner
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005
              OK thanks. So GCRTNO means literally "Grajek Can't Remember The Name
              Of." That's a pretty handy acronym. I bet we could use that in other
              contexts as well.

            • Gary O. Payne

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005
                  Some of us old folks have that, but we call it CRS...

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005
                    LOL!  I fit this category ! :-)

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005

                      LOL. Well well. I have started an acronym. “Can’t Remember The Name Of .” I likey  :-). Too funny. I don’t think I am old enough for a senior moment but getting close I guess.

                      I just hope this is not my sole claim to fame  :-)

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 10, 2005

                        LOL. Now I know what this one means. When I go into another room and stand trying to remember why I came in there in the first place I think this to myself.” C.R.S.”  ;-p