Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: MapSource CD's for Garmin GPSMAP 60CS

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2005
      Download the Garmin upload app from the same site.

      1. Connect the PC Interface Cable to your computer serial port.
      2. Connect the Legend to the PC Interface Cable.
      3. Turn on the Legend and set to the GPS off mode.
      4. Go to the Map Page and then go to the On-Screen Page and Options Menu Button and select Setup Map.
      5. Use CLICK STICK to move to the sub-page marked with an �i� which will contain the map information.
      6. Use the CLICK STICK to un-check the existing map.
      7. On your computer, drag and drop the .IMG file containing the new map information over the sendmap.exe icon and the program will start up and load the new map to your Garmin.

      Brent <brentbernstein@...> wrote:

      I can't open the citymaps. What program do I need?
      Thanks!

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Watson"
      <bcwatson@h...> wrote:
      > Thank you for that link!  Now I have a map of Austin without
      having to
      > buy the City Select CDs.  Thanks so much

      > Barry
      > aka Doc Geo
      >
      > ________________________________

      GPSMAP
      > 60CS
      >

      > http://waas-up.blogspot.com/

      > Check out Jason's maps...
      >
      > Lou Catozzi <txhipowr@a...> wrote:
      >

      >       I have not received my new 60CS yet but I understand that the
      > basemap
      >       that comes with it is basically useless - you can find Dallas
      > but
      >       don't even think of trying to find the Dallas Zoo, for
      example.
      > Which
      >       MapSource CD's do you all recommend that I get for Central
      Texas
      >       goecaching and general automotive navigation?
      >
      >       Lou AKA
      >       TxHiPowr
      >

      > Bill Hatfield  K5KCR
      >

      > "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." -
      Will
      > Rogers

      subject=Unsub
      > scribe>

      Bill Hatfield  K5KCR

      "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." - Will Rogers

    • Brent
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 6, 2005
        Thanks, I'll give it a try!

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Scarlett"
        <jscarlett@s...> wrote:

        > Here are some loading instructions...

      • Brent
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 6, 2005
          Is there any way to view the Austin Citymap on my PC before loading to
          the GPS?
          Thanks