Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Google Maps now has Satellite photos

  • Michele Pain
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
      Maybe I can use this to find "Plane old Micro" I'm sure not going to
      find it any other way!

      On Apr 5, 2005, at 2:57 PM, Nedry wrote:

      > On 4/5/05 at 6:16 PM Lowracer wrote:
      > >Now if they only provided a way to input lat/lon coords...
      >
      > Googles is using coords for the URLs.  Take a look at the URL after
      > the
      > following page loads.  You can get the current URL (with coords) of
      > the map
      > from the "Link to this page" link at the top right of the page.
      >
      > Here is Walnut Creek Park:
      > <http://tinyurl.com/4y8t5>
      >
      > Nedry

      > Service.

    • Nedry
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2005
        At first I thought I had found an Easter Egg. It looks like someone had
        way too much
        time (or money).

        <http://tinyurl.com/5ks73>

        Here is an interesting article about Spatial Resolution which also explains
        the above image:
        <http://earth.jsc.nasa.gov/newsletter/SpatialRes/default5.htm>

        Nedry