[CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Google Maps now has Satellite photos

  • Nedry
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
      On 4/5/05 at 7:59 PM +0000 you wrote:
      >While its not listed in the instructions, you can search by latitude
      >and longitude by entering them in digital degree format in the search
      >box..unfortunately, it will not plot the coordinates.....

      This format works too. For maps:
      <http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.3993,-97.6858>

      For Satellites:
      <http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.3993,-97.6858&t=k>

      Then all you need to do is zoom in!

      Nedry
    • Michele Pain
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
        Very Cool - Now you can get the Lat/Lon with ease.

        My question is - which room of my house is:
        30.3234252929687 ,-97.71759910878376
        Or maybe, which tile in my bathroom, or which 3" strip of hardwood on
        my floor.
        Amazing!
        Thanks for the info.
        Shelly

        On Apr 5, 2005, at 2:57 PM, Nedry wrote:

        > On 4/5/05 at 6:16 PM Lowracer wrote:
        > >Now if they only provided a way to input lat/lon coords...
        >
        > Googles is using coords for the URLs.  Take a look at the URL after
        > the
        > following page loads.  You can get the current URL (with coords) of
        > the map
        > from the "Link to this page" link at the top right of the page.
        >
        > Here is Walnut Creek Park:
        > <http://tinyurl.com/4y8t5>
        >
        > Nedry

        > Service.

      • Michele Pain
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2005
          Maybe I can use this to find "Plane old Micro" I'm sure not going to
          find it any other way!

          On Apr 5, 2005, at 2:57 PM, Nedry wrote:

          > On 4/5/05 at 6:16 PM Lowracer wrote:
          > >Now if they only provided a way to input lat/lon coords...
          >
          > Googles is using coords for the URLs.  Take a look at the URL after
          > the
          > following page loads.  You can get the current URL (with coords) of
          > the map
          > from the "Link to this page" link at the top right of the page.
          >
          > Here is Walnut Creek Park:
          > <http://tinyurl.com/4y8t5>
          >
          > Nedry

          > Service.

        • Nedry
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8, 2005
            At first I thought I had found an Easter Egg. It looks like someone had
            way too much
            time (or money).

            <http://tinyurl.com/5ks73>

            Here is an interesting article about Spatial Resolution which also explains
            the above image:
            <http://earth.jsc.nasa.gov/newsletter/SpatialRes/default5.htm>

            Nedry