Re: HAVE ALL THE NORTH AUSTIN GEOCACHERS FALLEN OFF THE FACE OF THE E ARTH?????

  • wendy and james
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 22, 2005
      I would also have to add to save up your money and get the best GPS
      you can at the time. Better to spend once then get one and rapidly
      begin wanting an upgrade. Everyone has their preferences and many
      prefer and love the low end ones. Check out as many as you can when
      you run into cachers to get a feel for them. Many of the newer ones
      have features that are a godsend. I and many others can tell you
      tales of being trapped in houseing developments because the streets
      don't go all the way through or there are large barracades blocking
      the way between seperate housing groups. Just because it looks like
      the road goes all the way through on the map does not mean it does
      and those mapping gps units can help with that. Also I like the
      digital compasses so that you do not have to be moving to get a
      direction for the cache.

      James and Wendy
      WolfnWendy

      <julieperrine@f...> wrote:
      > Hi! Here's the drill:
      >
      > Have fun.
      > Meet other cachers by coming to events.
      > Wait until you've seen enough caches to know what works and what
      doesn't, then...
      > Put out some caches!
      > Scan the previous messages on this list and you'll get lots of
      your questions answered without having to actually ask them!
      > Then ask the questions you still need answered. We're a very nice
      group of people.

      > Did I mention, HAVE FUN? Its very important.
      >
      > It helps us get to know you if you use your geocaching name AND
      your first name when you post so we can connect the two.