Looking for help with French and a lost TB

  • mrscher2
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2005
      Greetings,
      I've just started geocaching and I'm hooked. Took a trip to
      Montreal, Quebec 2 weeks ago and placed a travel bug in a cache
      there. Hoping to watch it as it travels back to Austin.
      Here is where I need help. It appears the travel bug is not where I
      left it, nor has it been logged as being picked up or moved.
      To complicate things, the visit logs are in French. So I can't
      exactly tell what's going on.
      Any Help? ^^][KE

      see cache - Fir Your Eyes Only - GCM43B
      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ba9e35c0-2f65-
      40f6-b9f9-058016e099d9
    • Dan Germain
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2005

        Translations for you

        trouvé facilement avec Gade06!
        RPRL, et je confirme moi aussi le TB n'est pas là

        le Texan serait-il trompé dans ces logs durant son voyage ??
        merci pour la cache

        means

        Easily found with Gade06!

        Took Nothling Left Nothing, and I also confirm that the TB is not there

        Could the Texan have made an error in these logs during his trip??

        Thanks for the cache

        6e de 6 aujourdhui
        j'aime les contenant lock n lock surtout en hiver,on s'y gele pas les doigts!!
        pas vu de travel bug dans cette cache :-(
        pris epinglette
        laisse mini-pompe a essence
        merci pour la cache :-)))

        means

        6th of 6 today

        I like "lock n lock" containers especially in winter, we don't freeze our fingers

        did not see a travel bug in this cache :-(

        Took pin

        left mini gas pump

        thanks for the cache

        ______________________________

        Facilement...
        à 12:25 heures.

        Nous avons pris la grenouille,
        avons laissé un dinosaure.
        2 ième de 5 aujourd'hui.

        Vent froid,
        merci pour la cache.

        means

        Easy...

        at 12:25pm

        We took the frog, left a dinosaur

        2nd of 5 today

        Cold wind,

        Thanks for the cache

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2005
          I know a bit of French so I translated all the logs left after yours.
          Nobody mentions taking your travel bug, they just mention that it
          isn't there. The very fisrt person to find it after you makes no
          mention of it at all. Maybe they took it and forgot to log it?
          Everyone else mentions that it wasn't there. Here are the logs
          translated: (there was one word and one abbriviation that I didn't
          know)

          February 27 by misouris (33 found)
          Facilement...
          à 12:25 heures.
          Nous avons pris la grenouille,
          avons laissé un dinosaure.
          2 ième de 5 aujourd'hui.
          Vent froid,
          merci pour la cache.
          This person said that the cache was easy, found at 12:25. They took
          the frog and left a dinosaur. It was their 2nd of 5 caches for the
          day. They said thanks for the cache.
          They made no mention of the travel bug.

          March 5 by cyber6 (37 found)
          6e de 6 aujourdhui
          j'aime les contenant lock n lock surtout en hiver,on s'y gele pas les doigts!!
          pas vu de travel bug dans cette cache :-(
          pris epinglette
          laisse mini-pompe a essence
          merci pour la cache :-)))
          This person said it was their 6th of 6 caches for the day. That he
          especially loves the lock n lock containers, in the winter they don't
          freeze your fingers. He said he didn't see any travel bugs in this
          cache. He took an epinglette(don't know that word) and left a mini gas
          pump. Said thanks for the cache.

          March 6 by BeerMan-Qc (233 found)
          2e de 3!
          trouvé facilement avec Gade06!
          RPRL, et je confirme moi aussi le TB n'est pas là
          le Texan serait-il trompé dans ces logs durant son voyage ??
          merci pour la cache
          BeerMan-Qc
          This person said it was the 2nd of 3 caches. It was found easily with
          gade06. RPRL(dont know what that stands for) and I assure that the
          travel bug isn't there. Would the Texan be misled in these logs during
          his trip? Thanks for the cache.

          March 6 by gade06 (19 found)
          belle deuxieme petite cache facilement trouvé par beerman_qc
          Beautiful second small cache easily found by beerman_qc