2004 Austin Cache Awards update...

  • Scott Robuck
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005

      Hi all…

      First of all, congratulations to all the nominees, runner-ups, and winners of the 2004 Austin Cache Awards.  We had about 40 votes and although there had to be a winner in every case, there were several categories that were separated by only one vote.  The caches nominated were from Navicache, Geocaching.com and Terracaching.  All in all, I feel that all of these caches very well represent the best that Austin has to offer.  I also want to give a bog thanks to Tanya who did an overwhelming job at putting all of the awards ceremony together and emceed the event (along with Chuck who helped out too).  Also thanks to Kevin and Henry who put on a great performance as well.

      My good friend Rob, who (with his Panther-like reflexes) coded all of the voting ballots and tabulation, has posted the winners, runner-ups, and nominees on the www.lonestargeocaching.com website (look under Austin Cache Awards…duh).  If you had a cache (or caches) that were nominated and still have a Nominee graphic on your cache page, please link it to the final results page at http://www.lonestargeocaching.com/awards/aca04/results.php .

      Thanks again for your participation.  I hope everyone enjoyed it.

      Scott Robuck

      Team GeoDillo

      N 30° 12.4'

      W 97° 50.4'

    • Perrine Julie-ra5686
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
        Message
        Thanks for doing this for all of us, Scott.  And thanks to Tanya for making the awards ceremony happen.  Gosh, we have a good time, don't we!

        I think it was cool that so many NEW cachers came to the awards ceremony.  Good for them for being brave enough to come out of the bushes and into our crazy world.  It probably wasn't the best opportunity to mingle and meet each other, though, so look for future events and we'll try it again.

      • Chris @ Stomp Tokyo
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
          Thanks especially for putting all of the nominees up as well; they
          went missing from the cache page for a day or two and I thought I'd
          have to bug someone to get the list. Between the 2003 and 2004 awards,
          we have a lot of "must-do" caches on our list.