Hugh Jass Cache & Swag Available - Free to Good Home

  • lowracer
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
      First one to haul it away gets to keep it. It was rated poorly (MCE of
      only 3.9) on TC.com so I've archived it. There's easily hundreds of
      dollars worth of big swag in a perfectly usable 24 gallon rubbermaid
      action packer. Largest cache in Austin by far. Easy to maintain. Not
      so easy to hide. Last I heard there was some construction in the
      immediate area, so you might want to get out there sooner rather than
      later, in case it gets muggled by a big caterpillar.

      N 30° 20.183' / W 97° 50.470'
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
        Mark,

        If you don't mind, I will snatch it up on Sunday if it is still there and relocate it.

        lowracer <lowracer@...> wrote:
        First one to haul it away gets to keep it.  It was rated poorly (MCE of
        only 3.9) on TC.com so I've archived it.  There's easily hundreds of
        dollars worth of big swag in a perfectly usable 24 gallon rubbermaid
        action packer.  Largest cache in Austin by far.  Easy to maintain.  Not
        so easy to hide.   Last I heard there was some construction in the
        immediate area, so you might want to get out there sooner rather than
        later, in case it gets muggled by a big caterpillar.

          N 30� 20.183' /   W 97� 50.470'

        Bill Hatfield  K5KCR

        "There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works." - Will Rogers

      • Kevin Mefford
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
          Unless I hear from someone else, I will attempt a rescue mission later today
          to get this historic cache back in action....

          Kevin
          KoosKoos

          First one to haul it away gets to keep it. It was rated poorly (MCE of
          only 3.9) on TC.com so I've archived it. There's easily hundreds of
          dollars worth of big swag in a perfectly usable 24 gallon rubbermaid
          action packer. Largest cache in Austin by far. Easy to maintain. Not
          so easy to hide. Last I heard there was some construction in the
          immediate area, so you might want to get out there sooner rather than
          later, in case it gets muggled by a big caterpillar.

          N 30° 20.183' / W 97° 50.470'

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • lowracer
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
            Thanks. Enjoy it. I'd take it to Big W with me but to hide it I'd
            have to pile on so many cornstalks and dirt clods, that it would
            qualify as the tallest mountain in Kansas, and it would get muggled by
            curious geologists.

            -mark.

            On Mar 2, 2005, at 8:33 AM, Kevin Mefford wrote:

            > Unless I hear from someone else, I will attempt a rescue mission later
            > today
            > to get this historic cache back in action....
            >
            > Kevin
            > KoosKoos
          • Nedry
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 9, 2005
              On 3/1/05 at 11:24 PM lowracer wrote:
              >First one to haul it away gets to keep it.

              To the person that hauled Hugh Jass away. PLEASE LOG IT! It's
              Terracaching waypoint is TC2U and you can log your find and removal at:
              <http://tinyurl.com/3m3fw>

              Because no one has logged a find since Feb 25, I wasted an hour searching
              for this thing yesterday. If you're going to remove a cache please log it
              ASAP.

              Nedry