Newbie here

  • jwillis44
    Message 1 of 45 , Feb 27, 2005
      Howdy, y'all. With the sunshine finally out today after all the
      nasty weather we've been having, I have an urge to get outside.
      I've read some online about geocaching but that's as far as I've
      gotten. This also seems like a good family activity. Obviously,
      I'll need to get some equipment so what do you recommend? Good gps
      brands and where to get one? Any hints, tips, and general advice
      would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    • jwillis44
      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 2, 2005
        Thanks all for the info! I wasn't able to find a 60 or 76CS to look
        at but did find a eTrex Legend C at a good price. By the time I
        think I might have figured out how to use it, it got dark
        yesterday. Of course we were supposedly standing on top of the
        cache but it'll make things easy to get it next time. Found another
        earlier in the day so yesterday was a success.

        I woke up to rain in the middle of the night and my first thought
        was no caching today. Looks like I'm hooked.