Geocaching Awards Ceremony - this saturday night

  • Tanya Phillips
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 24, 2005
      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=dce68672-baf1-
      455f-aac0-80eef4757fab

      I really hope more people are planning to attend than have RSVP'd!!!

      There are only 15 cachers that I know of committing to showing
      up!!! I know a lot of you probably plan to attend but maybe haven't
      placed a note/reservation on the cache page.

      In order to help me with the logistics of party favors and awards it
      would be awesome if you could take the time today to post a note
      with how many in your family plan to attend.

      This is not only an award ceremony to celebrate your caching friends
      who have put a lot of work into their caches during the past year,
      but an opportunity to see a few of them in action sharing
      their "secret" talents on stage!

      For those of you who have already RSVP'd, thank you, thank you!
      For the rest of you, please come and share the night!

      thanks,
      Gadget Girl
    • Barry Watson
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 24, 2005
        THIS Saturday night?!?!?!  It doesn't say the date on the web page....
        Damn, I was going to San Antonio to take my mother out to dinner for her birthday....
        I'll see if I can change that to Sunday....

        Barry

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 24, 2005
          Hi Barry,

          Sorry for your confusion on dates for the event. In the future,
          when you see an event on GC.com, look at the date the cacher "will
          be placed" to see when the event will happen. I just now added the
          date to the page, too, to help others. I see how it can be
          difficult to know when the date is, if you don't know to look at the
          placed date.

          thanks,
          Tanya

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Watson"

        • Chris @ Stomp Tokyo
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 24, 2005
            Tanya,

            My wife and I will be there -- we're new to Austin and to geocaching,
            so this looks like a good opportunity to meet some new friends. I'll
            RSVP on the cache page.

            On a side note, is GattiTown pizza any good? Some of these food chains
            here in Texas are a little furrin to those of us from the East
            coast.... =)

            Chris
          • Tanya Phillips
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 24, 2005
              My kids love Gatti Town food, but hte pizzas are just okay to me.
              Very simple, regular texas pizza, not New York Italian Pizza.

              They have a huge salad bar, they have a pasta bar, they have dessert
              pizzas, lots of drinks, including frozen ones. (non alcoholic)
              It's all served buffet and all you can eat.
              they have a huge game room in the back with all sorts of games from
              tiny kids to teens. They have a cartoon movie room and an adult
              room with several tvs creens (sports, etc.)

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris @ Stomp Tokyo"
              <stomptokyo@g...> wrote:

              > Tanya,
              >
              > My wife and I will be there -- we're new to Austin and to
              geocaching,
              > so this looks like a good opportunity to meet some new friends.
              I'll
              > RSVP on the cache page.
              >
              > On a side note, is GattiTown pizza any good? Some of these food
              chains
              > here in Texas are a little furrin to those of us from the East
              > coast.... =)
              >
              > Chris
            • Barry Watson
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 24, 2005
                Yeah, never occured to me.  I guess I'm so used to looking at "regular" caches where I don't normally look at the "placed date"....
                Thanks...

                <bcwatson@h...> wrote:
                > THIS Saturday night?!?!?!  It doesn't say the date on the
                web
                page....
                > Damn, I was going to San Antonio to take my mother out
                to dinner
                for her
                > birthday....
                > I'll see if I can change that
                to Sunday....

              • Chris @ Stomp Tokyo
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 24, 2005
                  OK, sounds like fun. It's not really about the food anyway, was just
                  curious. Looking forward to it!

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Tanya Phillips"
                  <tanyamp@g...> wrote:

                  > My kids love Gatti Town food, but hte pizzas are just okay to me.
                  > Very simple, regular texas pizza, not New York Italian Pizza.
                  >
                  > They have a huge salad bar, they have a pasta bar, they have dessert
                  > pizzas, lots of drinks, including frozen ones. (non alcoholic)
                  > It's all served buffet and all you can eat.
                  > they have a huge game room in the back with all sorts of games from
                  > tiny kids to teens. They have a cartoon movie room and an adult
                  > room with several tvs creens (sports, etc.)
                • Randy Garst
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 24, 2005
                    I'm planning on coming and meeting everyone.  Posted 'will attend' on the website but don't see an entry in the log.
                    OK bye,
                    Randy

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 25, 2005
                      Tanya Phillips wrote:

                      > http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=dce68672-baf1-
                      > 455f-aac0-80eef4757fab
                      >
                      > I really hope more people are planning to attend than have RSVP'd!!!
                      >
                      > There are only 15 cachers that I know of committing to showing
                      > up!!! I know a lot of you probably plan to attend but maybe haven't
                      > placed a note/reservation on the cache page.
                      >
                      > In order to help me with the logistics of party favors and awards it
                      > would be awesome if you could take the time today to post a note
                      > with how many in your family plan to attend.
                      >
                      > This is not only an award ceremony to celebrate your caching friends
                      > who have put a lot of work into their caches during the past year,
                      > but an opportunity to see a few of them in action sharing
                      > their "secret" talents on stage!
                      >
                      > For those of you who have already RSVP'd, thank you, thank you!
                      > For the rest of you, please come and share the night!
                      >
                      > thanks,
                      > Gadget Girl
                      >

                      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                      > click here
                      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129jvlfnm/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705171288:HM/EXP=1109340717/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

                      I hope that I can make it to this event! On-call 24/7 means I can't be
                      certain! -Gary