Re: Good Hiking Shoes?

  • joanwhistler
    Message 1 of 54 , Feb 16 11:18 AM
      I'd recommend shopping for your hiking boots/shoes at REI. Yes you
      will probably pay a little more, but they have folks working there
      who can really help you with fit and finding the right shoe for your
      activities. I bought some hiking boots there about 3 years ago and
      they are still the most comfortable shoes I have (except maybe for
      my Birkenstock sandals)! I might scrimp on what I pay for other
      things, but when my feet hurt it's hard to have fun, so I figure
      it's worth it to pay a little extra for good quality and good
      fitting shoes.

      (BTW, I'm not "dissing" your recommendation Henry ... if you can get
      good quality & fit for 20 bucks that's great! I'm only speaking
      from my own experience as someone with hard-to-fit feet!)

      Joan

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Rohlfs"

    • Grajek
      Message 54 of 54 , Apr 5, 2005