Greetings!

  • Scott L. Spencer
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2005
      I just discovered this hobby thanks to a good friend and today I
      celebrated my first cache expedition. I am happy to say that after
      going off the path which I should have followed, wandering through
      briars, brambled and creeks and going up a high hill on foot, I
      reached my objective. However, it took me some time to find
      the "treasure".
      I am ashamed to say that I had nothing with me to leave behind for
      someone to find. I am therefore heading back there tomorrow to leave
      behind something which I hope someone will find and enjoy.
    • maliabarth
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
        Welcome to this fun and often "addicting" hobby known as
        geocaching... it is great!

        Malia (Moore9KSUcats)

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scott L. Spencer"
        <slspencer@h...> wrote:

        > I just discovered this hobby thanks to a good friend and today I
        > celebrated my first cache expedition. I am happy to say that after
        > going off the path which I should have followed, wandering through
        > briars, brambled and creeks and going up a high hill on foot, I
        > reached my objective. However, it took me some time to find
        > the "treasure".
        > I am ashamed to say that I had nothing with me to leave behind for
        > someone to find. I am therefore heading back there tomorrow to
        leave
        > behind something which I hope someone will find and enjoy.
      • Henry Rohlfs
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
          Welcome to geocaching and welcome to the CenTex group! This is a great
          place to find out about the latest caches in the area and hear about
          some great events. For instance, Feb. 26th is our area's caching awards
          dinner at Gattitown in Oak Hill (see GCMPZH on geocaching.com or "Austin
          Geocache Award Night" on terracaching.com). Local events are a fun way
          to meet some of the other "crazies" in this addiction we share.

          Hope to meet you soon. Good caching!

          Henry
          "DivasDude"

          >>> slspencer@... 2/7/2005 10:36:07 PM >>>

          I just discovered this hobby thanks to a good friend and today I
          celebrated my first cache expedition. I am happy to say that after
          going off the path which I should have followed, wandering through
          briars, brambled and creeks and going up a high hill on foot, I
          reached my objective. However, it took me some time to find
          the "treasure".
          I am ashamed to say that I had nothing with me to leave behind for
          someone to find. I am therefore heading back there tomorrow to leave
          behind something which I hope someone will find and enjoy.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Perrine Julie-ra5686
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
            Hi Scott,
            Tell us what your game name is so we can watch for you in our logs. We have a ton of fun around here, and you're welcome to join us!

            I'm throwing an event Saturday night called Jugglefest/Mugglefest. You're welcome to join us. Go to the Hide and Seek a Cache page and search by waypoint for GCMM0H. Every geocache has an identifier that start with GC. It's a better way of searching for specific things on the website.

            Don't be shy! Nobody else around here is.......

            Julie
            (Mrs. Captain Picard)

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
              Sorry Julie, I KNEW there was another event soon! Didn't mean to
              forgetcha.

              >>> julieperrine@... 2/8/2005 9:37:51 AM >>>

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2015

                Hello CenTex!

              • janiceveteran
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2015
                  Hello Myrthman.
                  Welcome to Centex Geocaching group.
                  I hope you come to an event to meet everyone,
                • stormie_aka_dustysandstorm
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 2, 2015

                    Glad you found us, welcome

                    Stormie aka DustySandStorm

                  • Greg Jewett (GeoJewett)
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 2, 2015
                      Welcome!
                      Half you could join us!

                      Check out the website:  http://www.geocachingaustin.com/

                      Report milestones, stories, pictures, onsite reports, links, etc ..

                      Website email:  Ammocan@...

                      Greg Jewett

                      On Feb 2, 2015, at 7:28 AM, sandstorm_62@... [CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS] <CENTRALTEXASGEOCACHERS@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      Glad you found us, welcome