Re: OT: Anyone using Skype?

  • maliabarth
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
      We used Skype when our daughter, Erin, was in Taiwan last summer.
      It was amazing how clear the voice was! It really seemed she was in
      the room talking with us, much better than phone quality. We
      haven't used it since, but it was handy then.

      Malia

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, lowracer
      <lowracer@a...> wrote:
      > Looks like it might be a useful tool for planning events, cache
      > outings, etc. Anyone using it have any comments as to its quality
      as a
      > voice conferencing tool?
      >
      > -mark.
    • D
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
        I haven't used that one but I have played some on-line army games and used
        GameVoice using a boom mike. It is full duplex and voice was as good as a
        phone. The best part was no cost. I uses your MS Msngr address book and it
        was very easy. I haven't played for a few months but hopefully it's still
        available and better than ever. I talked to people all the way from
        California to Germany with several talking at the same time.