In town for the weekend...

  • steanson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2005
      ...and I would like a few good caches to look for while in Austin. I
      will be shooting a commercial for FREEBIRD'S, but they haven't told
      me which location...so I suppose I should get back to you when I find
      out what area of town I will be circling. I would like to stay near
      the commercial shoot (rent car, driving from Dallas) rather than
      crisscross all over town. So I guess this message is a heads up for
      my follow up. ;) Thanks...
      El Mysterioso
    • steanson
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2005
        ok...the Hancock Shopping Center's FREEBIRDS!..off of 290 and 41st.
        Anybody have any favorite hides in this area? I am really jonesing
        to get down there...thanks in advance!
        El Mysterioso
      • Michele Pain
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2005
          Well there's Boobie Grindlebuns and one from Essiar near Freebirds. And
          there is a very spooky virtual (among many) at UT.

          On Feb 3, 2005, at 4:15 PM, steanson wrote:

          > ...and I would like a few good caches to look for while in Austin.  I
          > will be  shooting a commercial for FREEBIRD'S, but they haven't told
          > me which location...so I suppose I should get back to you when I find
          > out what area of town I will be circling.  I would like to stay near
          > the commercial shoot (rent car, driving from Dallas) rather than
          > crisscross all over town. So I guess this message is a heads up for
          > my follow up. ;) Thanks...
          > El Mysterioso

          > Service.

        • gbmorrow
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2005
            Looks like you'll be at about N 30 18.058, W 97 43.281….there are
            about 40 active geocaches within a 2.5 mile radius of that point.
            Depending on what you like, there are a wide range of types and
            difficulties…are you looking for a handful of quick grabs, or do you
            want some that take a little more looking??.

            There is also a Terracache near by (*Bottoms Up* (TC2Y) by essiar)
            which is somewhat related to Bottoms Up (N00FBF) on navicache and
            Bottomed Out (GCKDWK) on gc.com....these are best if you don't have to
            rush back to work, but can spend a little time at each of the
            preliminary stops...

            There's another navicache, Deadwood by Blizzard (N00C94), but from the
            logs I can't tell if its still active…

            If you only have time for one, I'd suggest Boobie Girdlebuns by Mrs.
            Captain Picard (GCJAV5)…

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "steanson"
            <steanson@y...> wrote:

            > ok...the Hancock Shopping Center's FREEBIRDS!..off of 290 and 41st.
            > Anybody have any favorite hides in this area? I am really jonesing
            > to get down there...thanks in advance!
            > El Mysterioso
          • Essiar
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2005
              You'll also be right near Take a Nap and Route Sixty Sick. :-)

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gbmorrow"