Something Unusual

  • randy_garst
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
      I think I am the FTF GCA50F in Austin. There are lots of these
      around the country. My son Mike, living in Pleasant Prairie, WI put
      me onto this one. I've enjoyed all y'alls postings so thought I
      would try to contribute something new.
    • Henry Rohlfs
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
        Very cool, Randy. I really like the find showing "Nike Elementary" near
        the site and "Nike Bunker Road" that leads there. No question what that
        area used to be.

        Henry
        "DivasDude"

        >>> RandyGarst@... 2/3/2005 1:11:34 PM >>>

        I think I am the FTF GCA50F in Austin. There are lots of these
        around the country. My son Mike, living in Pleasant Prairie, WI put
        me onto this one. I've enjoyed all y'alls postings so thought I
        would try to contribute something new.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • alan@alancurry.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
          Did you pick up this virtual while you were there?

          http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gc7ed6

          :D

          Alan

          Quoting randy_garst <RandyGarst@...>:

          > I think I am the FTF GCA50F in Austin. There are lots of these
          > around the country. My son Mike, living in Pleasant Prairie, WI put
          > me onto this one. I've enjoyed all y'alls postings so thought I
          > would try to contribute something new.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Randy Garst
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
            Thanks to both of you for opening my eyes to the bigger picture.  I was so pleased when I was able to 'adjust' some incorrect coordinates first published almost 20 years ago that I never thought to check for additional possibilities.  Guess I get to go back again... although I did take a likely appropriate photo while there.
            OK bye,
            Randy