Re: MSN's MapPoint service displays an unusually long route between two Norwegia

  • Kevin Dytrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Banks"
      <unclerojelio@s...> wrote:

      > In case you were planning on geocaching in Norway.
      >
      > http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/mappoint.asp
      >
      > -- Roger

      You know; this isn't as far fetched as it looks. The country between
      the two cities is some of the most desolate in Norway. It's home to
      Norway'e highest mountain, Galdopiggen and Europe's highest glaciers.
      There's not a heck of a lot of roads in the area due the extremely
      rugged terrain. But there is at least one or two ways to get there
      without having to do what Mappoint says.

      It's where I saw my first URP back in 1985.