Please take time to Vote in the 2004 Austin Cache Awards!

  • Scott Robuck
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 29, 2005

      The voting ballot for the 2004 Austin Cache Awards is ready for voting.  Please take time to preview the ballot now and make a to-do list if the caches you haven’t yet visited.  The voting will be open for 3 weeks which should give you enough time to visit all the caches that have been nominated.  Remember, it’s hard to pick a best if you haven’t visited the caches listed.

      Click the Awards link at http://www.lonestargeocaching.com/home.php

      Once you have visited all the caches you wish to vote on, come back to the Lone Star Geocaching website and place your vote.  I assure you that voting will only take 2 minutes of your time.  All you have to do is click a cache in each category you wish to vote in.  A copy of your vote will be emailed to you.  I will send several reminders over the next few weeks before the deadline.  The winners will be announced at the Austin Cache Awards event to be held on either February 26th or 27th at a yet to be determined location.  It will be posted as an event on geocaching.com.

      Thanks...

      Scott Robuck

      Team GeoDillo

      N 30° 12.4'

      W 97° 50.4'

    • Barry Watson
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 29, 2005
        Message
        Why can't I highlight the list so I can print just the selected  stuff to take with me when going out to try the list for the weekend?
        Or could you put a link to another page suitable for printing?

        Barry

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 29, 2005
          I've logged at least 100 caches this year and I STILL haven't done most
          of the nominees for the Cache Awards.
          I'm ready to get down to business!!!!
          Anybody up for some caching tomorrow. Barring torrential rains I'm
          going in!!!
          Surely there are a few you haven't done!!!!

          On Jan 29, 2005, at 5:31 PM, Scott Robuck wrote:

          > The voting ballot for the 2004 Austin Cache Awards is ready for
          > voting.  Please take time to preview the ballot now and make a to-do
          > list if the caches you haven’t yet visited.  The voting will be open
          > for 3 weeks which should give you enough time to visit all the caches
          > that have been nominated.  Remember, it’s hard to pick a best if you
          > haven’t visited the caches listed.
          >

          > Click the Awards link at http://www.lonestargeocaching.com/home.php
          >

          > Once you have visited all the caches you wish to vote on, come back to
          > the Lone Star Geocaching website and place your vote.  I assure you
          > that voting will only take 2 minutes of your time.  All you have to do
          > is click a cache in each category you wish to vote in.  A copy of your
          > vote will be emailed to you.  I will send several reminders over the
          > next few weeks before the deadline.  The winners will be announced at
          > the Austin Cache Awards event to be held on either February 26th or
          > 27th at a yet to be determined location.  It will be posted as an
          > event on geocaching.com.
          >

          > Thanks...
          >

          > Scott Robuck
          >
          > Team GeoDillo
          >
          > N 30° 12.4'
          >
          > W 97° 50.4'

          > Service.

        • Scott Robuck
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 29, 2005
            Message

            I put a printable page here: http://www.lonestargeocaching.com/awards_printable.htm …and a link at the top of the ballot.

            Scott Robuck

            Team GeoDillo

            N 30° 12.4'

            W 97° 50.4'

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 29, 2005
              Message
              I'm in the same situation: there are some categories with no caches that I have visited, and "Best Night Cache" is the only category where I've visited them all (both). I would not vote for a cache I haven't visited, but how many within a category should I have visited before I cast a vote? I want to play this game according to the rules. What do y'all think is the right thing to do when you haven't visited many of the caches on the ballot?

              A side note to those of you who know me: I haven't been very active in the last couple of months, and won't be during the next few months either. I missed the great events around Christmas because we were out of town (logged a few at Big Bend), but the main reason I'll be less active is that I've got this strange compulsion to learn the Thai language, and I'll be working on that during any moment when it is possible to do so. Don't ask me why I feel like I have to learn Thai--I can't explain it any better than I can explain why I would walk and climb all day in the blazing sun to find boxes of--as Mrs. Captain Picard says--moldy happy meal toys. It's just one of those things you HAVE TO DO, and those of you who read this forum are the very ones who would understand.

              So... happy caching, and be careful out there. I might meet you on the trail yet, as I'm still finding a few here and there--after all, I can listen to language CDs while driving to a cache!

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 29, 2005
                Message

                Thanks for all your hard work Mark.

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 29, 2005
                  Message

                  Mark?

                  The name is Scott…..Scott Robuck

                  Jeff…remember me?   I’m the guy who went around asking for cash donations for you after your GPS took a dive in Lake Austin

                  …jeez

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 29, 2005
                    Message

                    Sorry Scott, I was reading a forum post from Lowracer when I got the email. I apologize for the typo.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 30, 2005
                      Here's a helpful guide for you Grajek:

                      Scott=ponytail
                      Mark=not!

                      On Jan 30, 2005, at 12:33 AM, Grajek wrote:

                      > Sorry Scott, I was reading a forum post from Lowracer when I got the
                      > email. I apologize for the typo.

                    • Karen
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 30, 2005
                        I'm all for sneaking out for a few
[...]

                        • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                      • Alex Alexander
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 30, 2005
                          Well we don't know how we managed it but we got TPTB to approve a cache
                          event this Saturday in Georgetown.

                          The cache number is GCMM9H
                          http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=871976dd-869a-450b-81da-bab4975cb9e0

                          Hopefully lots of you will be able to attend. As you will see on the event
                          page we will be bringing travel bugs from the UK that wish to see the US
                          and if anyone has bugs that want to come to see the rain in the UK, then
                          this is the place to bring them.

                          Interestingly, we were aware of Moosiegirl's problems in getting an event
                          cache approved last November because of a lack of adequate notice (despite
                          GC.COM having nothing in their guidelines about it), so we applied over a
                          week before the planned event. Imagine our surprise when we got a note
                          from Prime Approver who said "FYI, in the future, events need to be posted
                          at least 2 weeks in advance." Like Candy said at the time. New day - New
                          rule.

                          Soon you will have to give a months notice, then two, then who knows how long.

                          Anyways, please come along on Saturday. We are looking forward to meeting
                          friends old and new (even our terracaching buddies - no need to claim the
                          smiley).

                          Alex (&Kim)
                        • Karen
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 30, 2005
                            I need help with the "damn Cache" leg of the Monster cache.....  um I believe it's #27 or 28?  I can't remember it's been so long. I know it's in Georgetown somewhere.  Essiar and I went after it and couldn't get to it the first time and some how I have lost the coords but I want to go try again to finish the Monster.  So yeah.. I need coords and directions to where to park as I don't want to scale down the side of the dam like someone I know who did!  =)

                            -Tropical Diva
                          • John
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 30, 2005
                              Me and my mom are definitely going to attend. We'll be caching that
                              day so we can pick up a few TBs that want to go to the other side of
                              the pond. And we know where Duke's is as it's near the entrance to the
                              San Gabriel Park - where 'Down by the Rivery' is.
                            • Gary O. Payne
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 30, 2005
                                You have to take Bootys Road all the way down to the end. You'll find it!

                                Karen wrote:

                                > I need help with the "damn Cache" leg of the Monster cache..... um I
                                > believe it's #27 or 28? I can't remember it's been so long. I know
                                > it's in Georgetown somewhere. Essiar and I went after it and couldn't
                                > get to it the first time and some how I have lost the coords but I
                                > want to go try again to finish the Monster. So yeah.. I need coords
                                > and directions to where to park as I don't want to scale down the side
                                > of the dam like someone I know who did! =)
                                >
                                > -Tropical Diva

                              • maliabarth
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jan 31, 2005
                                  Actually, you can go after it from the top, also. There is a small
                                  parking lot just inside the overlook road entrance and the paved
                                  path starts there. If you go from Booty's road all the way to the
                                  end, you will end up at the Stilling Basin park which is now open,
                                  and the paved path goes up the hill from there. Either way is
                                  doable, depending on whether you want to climb the hill (on a paved
                                  path most of the way).

                                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Gary O. Payne"
                                  <gpayne16@a...> wrote:
                                  > You have to take Bootys Road all the way down to the end. You'll
                                  find it!

                                  > Karen wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > I need help with the "damn Cache" leg of the Monster cache.....
                                  um I
                                  > > believe it's #27 or 28? I can't remember it's been so long. I
                                  know
                                  > > it's in Georgetown somewhere. Essiar and I went after it and
                                  couldn't
                                  > > get to it the first time and some how I have lost the coords but
                                  > > want to go try again to finish the Monster. So yeah.. I need
                                  coords
                                  > > and directions to where to park as I don't want to scale down
                                  the side
                                  > > of the dam like someone I know who did! =)
                                  > >
                                  > > -Tropical Diva

                                  subject=Unsubscribe>